cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk editing handling time?

Hi all,
I am trying to bulk edit my handling time, but I do not see a field for it in any of the bulk editing functions. A previous thread mentioned the "duration" field, but it seems to me duration would be the length of the listing, not the time period for handling. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Bulk editing handling time?

There is a field called, "handling time."  See attached picture of field choices.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

On my list of edit fields, there is no "handling time" choice. Right below "format and duration" is "item description". The right hand side list on mine reads different from yours as well. I have one called "shipping policy" where you have 4 different shipping options...
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

( I have a screenshot of my options, but do not see how I can add it here...)
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

After an hour on the phone with Ebay, I have confirmed that the bulk edit field for handling time no longer exists. Either each listing has to be amended manually, or I have to create a business shipping policy with the new handling time, change all of my listings to that policy, and then manually fill in shipping details for each one individually. This is absurd! I know that hiding my listings makes the most sense, but from what I read on these boards, watchers and people with external search engines can still purchase my items even if I "hide" them from eBay.
If someone has an easier way, I would love to hear it! Thank you so much in advance~
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

I am still seeing "handling time" as an option. 

You should be able to put your store on vacation, which generates a message that specifies a return date and lets buyers know that no shipping will happen before that date.  In addition, you should "hide" your listings so that they are not visible.

Watchers may get a message that something has changed with regard to your store, but they either will be unable to view a specific item or will see the vacation message.  

This information does not apply to auctions, which are visible until they actually end.  You should end any active auctions or apply an extended handling time to those listings, especially if BIN is also available.  If auctions currently have bids, you may want to end now and sell to the high bidder.

Of course, if you have made any recent sales, all these precautions will do nothing to address SNAD or INR complaints or return requests.  You may want to add an "out of office" message to your e-mail clients, both eBay and Paypal, or be prepared to respond to messages while you are away.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

@cascarole wrote:
On my list of edit fields, there is no "handling time" choice. Right below "format and duration" is "item description". The right hand side list on mine reads different from yours as well. I have one called "shipping policy" where you have 4 different shipping options...

If you are using Business Policies .... change the Handling TIme through the Shipping Policy ... it will update the handling time for all listings using that Policy.

My eBay>>Account>>Business Policies

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Good luck with that! Every time I try and bulk edit the handling time a list of hundreds of different shipping options AND handling options come up which I don't want because the actual shipping charges are specific to each item. It doesn't give me JUST handling time. It's horrible.
Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Exactly, Honestabe!
The business policies regarding shipping must include a method, a price, & a handling time. I would have to create a policy, change all of my listings to that policy, and then go in and individually adjust the shipping for each one. I was told that was my only choice. What I wanted to do was just adjust the handling time, but that field no longer exists to be edited on its own. I was told that the vacation notice does not stop purchases, only takes me out of the Ebay search and I was still expected to upload tracking if I made any sales while I was away. I was told that the note regarding my vacation was informational only, and I was not guaranteed that anyone would read it. That's after going up the ladder to a supervisor, and then the supervisor of a supervisor. Amazing, no? I asked what the benefit of the vacation notice was, if the note had no meeting. Nobody seemed to understand or have an answer. At this point I will just be hiding all my listings and hope that none of my watchers decides to buy. Totally ridiculous. Thanks all for trying though 🙂
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

If a seller has selling manager PRO, handling time shows up as is an individual field you can bulk change after you click edit.  I think selling manager pro is a free feature when you have an annual premium or anchor store subscription.  If you want to upgrade to selling manager pro without a premium or anchor annual subscription it costs 15.95.    I think.... 

If you dont have selling manager pro, you can edit handling time in selling manager by bulk editing your shipping policy, and just change the handling time.  Customer service rep says changing the handling time in the shipping policy does not change everything in the shipping policy;  just the handling time.  I'm not sure about that.  Its confusing because the message says you are altering your shipping policy for all listings, but CSR says you are only changing your handling time. 

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@lachto5 wrote:

If a seller has selling manager PRO, handling time shows up as is an individual field you can bulk change after you click edit.  I think selling manager pro is a free feature when you have an annual premium or anchor store subscription.  If you want to upgrade to selling manager pro without a premium or anchor annual subscription it costs 15.95.    I think.... 

If you dont have selling manager pro, you can edit handling time in selling manager by bulk editing your shipping policy, and just change the handling time.  Customer service rep says changing the handling time in the shipping policy does not change everything in the shipping policy;  just the handling time.  I'm not sure about that.  Its confusing because the message says you are altering your shipping policy for all listings, but CSR says you are only changing your handling time. 

I use Business Policies.

When I go away and put my store on vacation, I always edit my Shipping Policies (I have 4 or 5) to reflect a longer handling time....just in case.

Changing the handling time on the policies does not change anything else.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

This makes me very nervous.  I agree that the topic came up earlier this week, perhaps on the weakly chat.  We regularly go away for 3-4 days, and I bulk edit my handling time on my fixed price listings.  Just did it last week, and just checked now to be sure it was still there for me -- it is.  Makes me think they are doing one of their "tests".

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Thanks all! I don't have Selling Manager Pro, which is probably why I did not see handling time as a separate field. I bit the bullet and extended handling time individually, which I found to be faster doing on my phone on the mobile app . Boy are my fingers tired 🙂
Now I REALLY need a vacation! Thanks everyone for your input!
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@cascarole wrote:
Hi all,
I am trying to bulk edit my handling time, but I do not see a field for it in any of the bulk editing functions. A previous thread mentioned the "duration" field, but it seems to me duration would be the length of the listing, not the time period for handling. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!

If you have several shipping policies go to each policy and change the handling time within the policy.  When you click save you will receive a message that says all listings with this policy will be changed.  This is how you change the handling time for your listings with a basic store subscription.  I had several shipping policies because I create a different shipping policy for different types of items.  There is no way to change them all in bulk because they are not all the same.  That is why you have to make the change in your actual policy.  I know its late but just in case anyone else is searching for the answer as I was.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Hi, All
I know this is an old post and you may have figured it out by now; however for those who haven't this is what you have to do. Go to account settings (found where your name appears at the top in bold)> click business policies > look to the far upper right of the screen at the top ( in very small writing you'll see) Opt-Out > click it. Now you will be able to bulk edit your handling time. Once you Opt-Out you will no longer see business policy in your account settings drop box. Don't be alarmed if you want to opt back in you can. I don't know how to do that yet though.

**NOTE** You will not see an option to bulk edit your handling time if you don't do this first. Ebay system is set up to not override your business policies if you are subscribed to business policy. Hope that makes sense
Message 15 of 28
latest reply