cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bubbles In or Bubbles Out

I'm taking a poll on the forever-asked question:

Do you use bubble wrap with the bubbles facing in or bubbles facing out?

I know what the consensus tends to be in this discussion, but since I received 6 packages this week, 3 with bubbles in and 3 with bubbles out I thought I would take a poll to see what y'all are doing. Are you an innie or an outie?

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Doesn't it depend on the time of day and the phase of the moon?  Smiley Happy

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 63
latest reply

Bubbles in  -  produces a better wrapped item, less bubble bursting in shipment,  takes up less room and easier to handle with a smooth edge on the outside.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 63
latest reply

Bubbles in always.

For the parts of the bubble wrap that don't have air, if bubbles are out, then all you have a a layer of plastic in direct contact with the item.  That is not protection.

If you bubble in, you're creating more "air" as the non-bubbled parts are held away from the item and offer some additional protection.  

Wrap something cylindrical both ways and see what I mean. 

Message 4 of 63
latest reply

First layer, bubbles in.

Second layer, bubbles out.

Message 5 of 63
latest reply

Bubbles in. I tried bubbles out once, and it didn't look like it padded the item as well as bubbles in.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 6 of 63
latest reply

I also wrap bubbles in for reasons stated by Lint and GoodLuck above. I want to hear if there are any bubbles-out sellers here and why they feel it offers better protection.

I regularly receive packages with bubbles out which is different from how I've always wrapped, so the topic has me very curious why bubbles out is often chosen!

ETA: I have also seen a lot of those bubble wrap bags that you can slide items into and the ones I've seen are almost always bubbles out.

Message 7 of 63
latest reply

The box that Bubblewrap used to come in had an image on it of the product in use, with bubbles in.

Message 8 of 63
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

Bubbles in always.

For the parts of the bubble wrap that don't have air, if bubbles are out, then all you have a a layer of plastic in direct contact with the item.  That is not protection.

If you bubble in, you're creating more "air" as the non-bubbled parts are held away from the item and offer some additional protection.  

Wrap something cylindrical both ways and see what I mean. 

I think one should always use tisssue around an item before using bubble - having bubbles in doesn't keep plastic away from an object.  Also, one might consider using more than one layer of bubble as each layer is added protection.  When wrapping something cylindrical, layers help and peanuts around the edges keep it from shifting too much in the box - bubbles in facilitates use of peanuts, too..  (Sorry, I only use boxes so this is written around that premise)

In or out, take your pick.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 9 of 63
latest reply

I do bubbles out when I wrap magazines because I feel the bubbles in leaves too much of a chance for the magazines to warp and I like to keep them as flat as possible. I do put them in a plastic magazine bag with a cardboard backing to keep them flat as possible.

If I were sending anything breakable I would probably do bubbles in so it sort of depends on what I might be shipping.

Message 10 of 63
latest reply

I"ve always wanted to ask that.  I vote in.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 11 of 63
latest reply

I wrap in thin foam first, them bubble wrap. But then, everything I sell is breakable.
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 12 of 63
latest reply

@copper.boom

1. Odd days of the month Bubbles out

2. Even days of the month Bubbles in

3. Leap Year (Feb 29th ONLY) ... no Bubbles at all, ONLY peanuts ... white ones ONLY.

Do you mean people might do it differently?  Now THAT  would be "insane"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 13 of 63
latest reply

I think you've had too many of those sugar-filled Oreos this morning, Mr Lincoln. 😉

Message 14 of 63
latest reply

In.  Pads the item better and just looks better to me.  Plus it's easier to reuse since the removing the tape when they're out always damages some  bubbles.

Now...over or under on the toilet paper roll?

Joe

Message 15 of 63
latest reply