cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bogus Accounts

I have sold on E-Bay very occasionally since 1999.  In the 00s I never had a problem with bogus bidders.  Over the past few years, every thing I try to sell gets loads of (0) bidders, some of whom created their account and placed a bid on my auction the same day.  The accounts usually say they're from India or Nigeria.  They win the auction and then ghost me, never even trying any scam.  

I discovered this when I was trying to sell a computer 3 years ago.  

Check out the auction I have going now: Lenovo IdeaPad

Most of the bids are from people in India or Nigeria with no history.  

Maybe just selling domestically is the key.  I wonder if these people target computers in particular.  I don't get it.  It makes E-Bay nearly unusable.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Bogus Accounts

In my OP, I said they're mostly foreign.  But my non-paying bidder this time is ef_428 (0), from my country, the United States. Maybe it just seems to be mostly foreigners because wherever you're from, most people in the world are from other countries.  

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Bogus Accounts

@cgervasi 

My friend...If you want this to stop, don't use auction style listings with best offer.  Do a buy it now with immediate payment.  It's the only way you're going to rid yourself of these pests.  You've been a long time seller, you know what your items are worth, it's the way to go so you won't be bothered any more by people who are taking up your precious time and costing you money.  You don't need to be chasing your money, you need to be depositing it in your bank account.  Have a great day!

Message 17 of 17
latest reply