cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blind Dropshipping?

So, I noticed yesterday a seller was using all of my product photos, some graphics and copied part of my description word for word in one of their listings. I contacted eBay to submit a VEMO as well as the seller responsible. The sellers response blew me away...

First, they appologized and promised to remove the photos and description. Then they tell me they had planned on purchasing the item from me, after a customer purchased it from them. They are based in Morocco; a location I do not ship to, so I have to assume they would change the shipping address to their customer's addresss when making the purchase.

Is this wild or what? I would have never guessed people were fufilling orders like this. I mean, this could be great for the seller that doesn't have to invest any money into inventory, but leaving the seller that actually has the inventory in the dark about the whole thing is not ideal. My packaging and shipping boxes bear my address as well as my business name and means of contact for troubleshooting assistance. If the aftersale is handled poorly by the other seller, that leaves a stain on my name and business.

Has anyone ever come across this practice before? Does eBay even allow it? I blocked the seller just incase they try it again in the future.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Blind Dropshipping?

No eBay does not allow dropshippers except under certain circumstances. This just came up in another thread today or yesterday and a Blue posted the policy. I will try and find that thread and link it here.

Here it is.

I hope that helps. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping?

It is not unusual.  About any clever way to sell on eBay has been tried already. 

As @cherry*fizz   correctly linked you to an eBay rep verifying this actions you described are not allowed.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping?

Simply Block them.

Then, who cares if they 'sell' products in your possession to someone else?

They won't be able to deliver to their buyers, when they can't buy from you.

Right?

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 4
latest reply