cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best offer option

Why does eBay feel the need to put best offer on my listings? This started about a year or two ago and I’m not happy to say the least. I used to put best offer on some of my listings but no more. Every day I have to go in and take best offer off at least 3 or more listings that eBay takes it upon themselves to put in place. 
Just wondering if anyone else is having this annoying problem and what did you do about it. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Best offer option

They do it to many and from what I understand, they will continue.

Are you finding that they are?: 

similar items that are selling for less that you have

items you've had listed longer than 30 days

I make/sell items built to order, unique in that 300 of the 400 have no competition. My items are 2-3-4 years old listed (10+ each as they are 'always' in stock).. and I've NEVER had a BO added to any of my BIN IPR items. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@uspat-ndxwux 

If you are using the app to list, or if you are using the Quick Listing Tool, eBay adds all sorts of "helpful" things to your listings.

To avoid this, list using a regular computer and use the Business Tool to list (Previously called the Advanced Listing form).

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/using-business-tool?id=4159

The business tool gives you a lot more options and a lot more control.  eBay does not change or add anything to the listing when you use the Business Tool.

To switch from the Quick Listing tool on a regular computer, there is a link at the top of the listing page.

If you are using the app, you can still use the app to take pictures and start drafts ... then open the drafts on a regular computer using the Business Tool to finish up and post.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I list on my iPad as I don’t have a computer so if there is no way to undo best offer on there I may have to figure something else out. Again thanks!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You might want to try using eBay's mania for "Best Offers" to your advantage, whether you list with auction or BIN. In the Selling Details section of the listing form click on the Best Offer click box. Just below that you will see two click boxes marked "Automatically accept offers of at least" and "Automatically decline offers lower than". Click both these boxes and enter your lowest acceptable price for each. If a buyer makes a lowball offer, it gets automatically rejected and you will never get a notice or email. If the buyer makes an offer equal or higher than your lowest price, it will get accepted and the item will close the same way as if the buyer did a BIN. And you don't have to be bothered with all the back-and-forth offers and eBay can't sneak in a BO without your knowledge. You might even get lucky as has happened to me now and then and the BO will be above your lowest price. I list auctions only but it works fine for me. It still can't stop nagging emails from problematic buyers, but that's what your BBL is for.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@uspat-ndxwux wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I list on my iPad as I don’t have a computer so if there is no way to undo best offer on there I may have to figure something else out. Again thanks!

@uspat-ndxwux 

Try logging on to eBay through Safari (or another browser) rather than the app.

Here's a direct link to Seller Hub:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ovw

From there you can choose Listings>Active

At the top right there is a "Create Listing" button.

There is so much more seller information available outside of the app ...

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 6 of 6
latest reply