cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Time Of The Month To Upgrade Store?

I can't get an exact answer from eBay customer support.....so asking the all-knowing community.

If I upgrade my store (I'm currently on a month-to-month and will stay that way), will the monthly fee for the higher store be pro-rated based on the day of the month I upgrade?  i.e. If I upgrade on the 1st - pay full amount, upgrade on the 15th - pay half, upgrade on the 30th - pay 1/30th?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Best Time Of The Month To Upgrade Store?

Yes, the upgrade takes effect immediately and the cost is pro-rated for the number of days left in the month.

When upgrading your Stores subscription (i.e. changing your Stores subscription level to one with more benefits, or changing from a monthly subscription to a yearly subscription of the same subscription level):

• Store subscription fees for your current subscription for the current billing cycle are prorated and the unused portion of your current Store subscription fee is credited back to you. Your upgraded Store subscription fee is also prorated for the current billing cycle and your upgraded subscription is treated as a new subscription.
  • Your ZIF allotment from the subscription being canceled ends immediately. Any unused ZIFs from your previous subscription allotment don’t roll over.
  • You receive upgraded Store benefits immediately. You receive your full allotment of ZIFs for the new upgraded subscription immediately. Each calendar month thereafter, you receive the applicable allotment of ZIFs.
  • Your upgraded Subscription Start Date and renewal date is reset based on the date you change your subscription.
  • An early termination fee isn’t charged if you upgrade your Stores subscription with the same or higher subscription duration.

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, the upgrade takes effect immediately and the cost is pro-rated for the number of days left in the month.

When upgrading your Stores subscription (i.e. changing your Stores subscription level to one with more benefits, or changing from a monthly subscription to a yearly subscription of the same subscription level):

• Store subscription fees for your current subscription for the current billing cycle are prorated and the unused portion of your current Store subscription fee is credited back to you. Your upgraded Store subscription fee is also prorated for the current billing cycle and your upgraded subscription is treated as a new subscription.
  • Your ZIF allotment from the subscription being canceled ends immediately. Any unused ZIFs from your previous subscription allotment don’t roll over.
  • You receive upgraded Store benefits immediately. You receive your full allotment of ZIFs for the new upgraded subscription immediately. Each calendar month thereafter, you receive the applicable allotment of ZIFs.
  • Your upgraded Subscription Start Date and renewal date is reset based on the date you change your subscription.
  • An early termination fee isn’t charged if you upgrade your Stores subscription with the same or higher subscription duration.

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks so much!  That's what I thought, but wanted to make sure!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply