cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Photo Size/Dimensions for Ebay & Mobile Devices

With recent developments, I am now not sure what photo size/dimension I should be taking. Many people now load square photos. Are square photos compatible with mobile devices. If not, what dimensions are? Also I have noticed that "Pmark" utilizes a square photo format (which presently don't match the dimensions of my photos). All help appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I would suggest you are approaching the problem from the wrong end. If you scale your pictures to a smaller mobile device screen what happens for those of us who still use PCs. Either the picture will be too small or it will be enlarged and, in doing so, will lose focus and clarity.

On the other hand, if you scale your pictures to a PC and they are shrunk to fit a mobile device you will not lose focus (I know that because I have checked my own photos on a mobile device).

In other words you are aiming your pictures at only a portion of the audience when you ought to be aiming at the entire audience.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

So what shape/dimension is optimal for PC users?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The shape of the picture is determined by the contents of the picture. My garden picks are vertical oblongs, my belt buckles are horizontal oblongs, my hat pins are generally square. The minimum optimum size is 800 pixels on the longest edge buy don't be afraid to make it bigger.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/photo-tips.html

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

A square photo about 1600 x 1600 pixels is optimal per Ebay  On some cameras you can set up a 1:1 aspect ratio, otherwise you can use the crop option in the listing photo tool.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply