cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Offer Feature Not Working

For more than three days now I have not been able to respond to potential buyers who have
made a "best offer." I get their offer, click on "Respond Now" (that part works fine) but when I
hit the "accept" "counteroffer" or "decline" keys, nothing happens. I have contacted eBay three
times about this, mainly to make sure the problem is not on my end: each time I am told that there
is a "glitch" in the system and 'tech" is working on it. Really? For more than three days?
Anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your reply - ebay rep (third one) suggested the same thing - YES,
went from Safari, Firefox to Chrome and that worked. Usually the most
simple trick is the best one. Thanks again.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@sunnyscottsdaleralph wrote:

For more than three days now I have not been able to respond to potential buyers who have
made a "best offer." I get their offer, click on "Respond Now" (that part works fine) but when I
hit the "accept" "counteroffer" or "decline" keys, nothing happens. I have contacted eBay three
times about this, mainly to make sure the problem is not on my end: each time I am told that there
is a "glitch" in the system and 'tech" is working on it. Really? For more than three days?
Anyone else having this problem?

I declined a Best Offer about Sat noon.  It was lowball-ish.  Did not counter, just declined.

Have you tried a different browser?  Are you trying from a mobile device or laptop/desktop?

Maybe try a different mode and see if that works?  I use Edge.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

There are several complaints in the past few days both here and on eBayCanada about hiccups/crashes/ glitches in Messages and Offers.

elizabeth@ebay

devon@ebay

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I am having the same problem.  Since Wednesday night Thursday morning update.  There are now more than a few of us.  I can’t message buyers thru profile page or thru seller hub.  

ive tried mobile, desktop, clearing cookies.  I’m using safari & others using Firefox.  I’ve lost out on tge ability to accept 5 best offers now.  Called customer service multiple times, one rep told me know one else is having the problem, then she laugh.    

why can’t we FIX the problem instead of a work aroun like Use another browser etc...?  

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

just for info........I countered an offer last nite with no problem........using firefox/W 10.        Better Half did one this morn.......on Chrome........

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Well it appears it works for some but not others... this is becoming a rather big problem to me. 

zero technical support aside from “try a different browser”, which didn’t work for me.  Same problem.  

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Well, looks like it works for some not others.
I've tried Safari and Firefox - 0.
Thanks.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Doesn't look like eBay is doing much to fix the problem.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Doesn't look like eBay is doing much to fix the problem.

Do you find that surprising? With all the changes lately, especially with the new listing tool, I get the feeling that eBay's IT systems are being held together with duct tape and baling wire. A lot of times software changes are done without notification to the user community so you have no idea if they made a change and whether it could potentially be an eBay SW problem or another issue related to an interface. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

There are several complaints in the past few days both here and on eBayCanada about hiccups/crashes/ glitches in Messages and Offers.

elizabeth@ebay

devon@ebay

Hey @reallynicestamps! Thank you for tagging us on this. We have seen other members report the Best Offer feature having issues and went ahead and opened a ticket on our end. We will be on the lookout to see if a sitewide ticket becomes created and we will get that added to our tech board. In the meantime we recommend that members reach out to customer support here to have a ticket created for their individual account. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Yeap: today & they told me the same things. still waiting now.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for your reply - ebay rep (third one) suggested the same thing - YES,
went from Safari, Firefox to Chrome and that worked. Usually the most
simple trick is the best one. Thanks again.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

On my PC, I had no luck with Chrome and Firefox, finally had to go to my older IPhone which allowed me to respond...

Some days I have to use my IPad too, to do certain things on ebay, sigh..

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

try using your cell phone

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I’ve been seeing this same problem.. I go to my active listings and see “review offers” and find out they’ve expired.. I haven’t received notifications of offers. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply