cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Method For Finding Sell Through Rate?

What's the most accurate method for finding out the sell through rate for an item you're considering selling? I've seen people using various calculation approaches. Which do you prefer?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Best Method For Finding Sell Through Rate?

On Seller Hub click on the Research tab (2nd from the end), Terapeak is a wonderful tool. You can sort categories, listing types, time frames back to one year, etc.  Sell through % are listed as well as how many are offering free shipping. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

What's considered a good sell through rate percentage to start at?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I use Q&D method I learned from a YTer, sorry I don't remember which one.  It's not the most accurate but suits me well when I'm in a hurry.  I do a search to see how many items come up & eyeball the number, then click on SOLDS for the same search & eyeball that number, convert it to an approx. percentage in my head & go with that.  It's perfect for when I'm shopping & want to know whether to pick an item up, cuz it's so quick. 

Terapeak would be great when you want more accuracy or have more time to go in depth. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@back-spin wrote:

What's considered a good sell through rate percentage to start at?

It all depends on the item & category. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Terapeak, but I do not consider it "gospel".  Variation listings seem to skew those numbers and lately I will click on solds (know that I have sold one myself) and it will not even show mine in the solds for the past 30 days.

FAST cash on here can be dangerous.  I am typically willing to wait for my price.  Slow and steady sometimes is better.  

If I list something and it sells in the first few hours, I know I left $$ on the table.  ;p;

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

What about when you're planning on selling items in Lots?

Do you try to find out the STR on a certain Lot number? I'm thinking the demand for 3 items in a Lot could be different than the demand involving just one of that item. Has anyone had experience selling items in Lots? How did you decide if it would be worth selling a particular number of that item in a Lot?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply