cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Charged Listing Fees When Re-Listing in Bulk - No Charge When Re-Listing One-by-One Glitch?

Had about 55 items that expired and need to be re-listed.  I usually so this by "Sell Similar" in bulk.

Just happened to notice that eBay was going to charge me $20 or so in listing fees so I cancelled and backed out.

Checked the number of listings I have left on my store account and have plenty left, so it's not that I have hit my monthly maximum for free listings.

If I relist each item one at a time, $0 listing fees are due/charged (as it should be).  But, if I re-list in bulk I get dinged $.20 every item.   Huh?  Say what? 

Anyone else running into this?   Anybody relisting in bulk, you might want to double-check the listing fees projected to be charged before you hit "List."

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Being Charged Listing Fees When Re-Listing in Bulk - No Charge When Re-Listing One-by-One Glitch?

Hmm .. Weird. Just relisted 86 items in bulk.  No problems for me.  No insertion fee charges.  Only difference is I did it be 'relist', not 'sell similiar' -- I didn't even know you can 'sell similiar' in bulk.  Wish I could be more helpful re: the charges you are seeing.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

I did notice it early this morning when doing a sell similar on a lot of 4 items. 3 were fine but the 4th wanted to charge me .10, even though, like the OP, I had plenty of free store listings left.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
I did notice it early this morning when doing a sell similar on a lot of 4 items. 3 were fine but the 4th wanted to charge me .10, even though, like the OP, I had plenty of free store listings left.

@lookng2015@klassic*kids

Still happening to me.  Had 11 more that needed to be rolled over and re-listed.  If I try to "Sell Similar" in bulk it tries to charge me a listing fee.  If I do it individually, they're fine.

On the next batch, going to try and see if it happens if i do a straight re-list (not Sell Similar) though I don't think it will make a difference.  Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks to you both for weighing in!

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

@livadia  Personally, I would just relist 'sell similiar' in bulk anyway and see if the charge actually sticks after I hit 'submit'.  I've all sorts of weird charges have shown up on me when relisting items in the past but they've never carried over after I hit submit and have not actually charged anything.  

*If* you do get an actual charge you can call CS and insist on a credit and point out to them you have not gone over your allotments and you should be getting a charge for anything.  

Keep us updated!  Good Luck.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

This is happening to me too. Bulk relist requires a fee. Not sure why but has happened the last two days when I tried.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Did it to me just now. Thanks for posting as I would have thought it was just me.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Im having the same problem.  I have plenty of listings left for the month.  Is this another Ebay scam or is this a glitch???

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Having the same issue.  We have plenty of free listings left in our store so no problem there.  When I go to relist individually there are no fees.  There are only fees when we try relisting in bulk either auction or buy it now. We've never had a problem like this with the bulk listing tool until yesterday and today.  Hopefully it's just a bug or something and ebay figures it out.

We've tried on two separate computers and two different Internet browsers. 

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Have you actually trying submitting them?

because I have and the fees come up after as zero.

I think it's related to the glitch where if you have say 5 freebies left and relist more it will show fees on all, but after you submit there's only fees on the ones over your limit.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

@livadia  Personally, I would just relist 'sell similiar' in bulk anyway and see if the charge actually sticks after I hit 'submit'.  I've all sorts of weird charges have shown up on me when relisting items in the past but they've never carried over after I hit submit and have not actually charged anything.  

*If* you do get an actual charge you can call CS and insist on a credit and point out to them you have not gone over your allotments and you should be getting a charge for anything.  

Keep us updated!  Good Luck.

@klassic*kids

Yes, I thought about just going ahead, ignoring the fact the screen is telling me I'm going to be charged a listing fee, and seeing what happens.  However, the thought of having to call CS and go through the usual hassle to get them removed if that's what happens, isn't something that's very appealing.

BTW,  I had five more that needed to be renewed tonight, and just for giggles, I tried to see if it made any difference if I just did a straight re-list as opposed to a "Sell Similar."    Nope.  Doesn't matter.  As long as I try and bulk process any listings, it still is indicating I will be charged a listing fee even though I have plenty "free" listings left on my store subscription.

What a PITA.  Not looking forward to next week when I will have a significant number of other listings that will need to be renewed -- one-by-one.  😞     Hey, thanks a million, eBay!   (NOT!)

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

@livadia wrote:

Had about 55 items that expired and need to be re-listed.  I usually so this by "Sell Similar" in bulk.

Just happened to notice that eBay was going to charge me $20 or so in listing fees so I cancelled and backed out.

Checked the number of listings I have left on my store account and have plenty left, so it's not that I have hit my monthly maximum for free listings.

If I relist each item one at a time, $0 listing fees are due/charged (as it should be).  But, if I re-list in bulk I get dinged $.20 every item.   Huh?  Say what? 

Anyone else running into this?   Anybody relisting in bulk, you might want to double-check the listing fees projected to be charged before you hit "List."

Ditto for me. It happens now and then.

Just have to relist one at a time to get the fee off them.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

just for info...........had no fees when I relisted tonite from seller hub

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

I've been having the same problem and have found that it is a glitch - caused by ebay.

Short answer: if you have listings available from your store subscription you wont be charged if you relist.

Here is the long version explanation:

They (eBay) are changing some our selling accounts so that you are unable to relist in bulk or similar unless you use the "Selling Manager" subscription. The net effect is that eventually everyone wont be able to use the sell similar or sell as fixed priced options - unless you subscribe to the selling manager.

Here is the glitch: Due to the changes they are making when you relist in bulk -whether your legacy account or through selling manager - the system says you are going to be charged for each listing. But, if you have unused listing from your store subscription it will say zero ø actual listing fees in the final screen. This is not affecting everyone, it has always appeared that not everyones accounts are onthe same software revision number.

I found this out by being on the phone with CS while I was relisting, just to make sure that I wasnt actually charged. CS confirmed and I didnt see it in my listing fees.

Now, what happens if you goof or miscalculate how many listings you have is a different question. I really don't think they will have mercy on your slippage/mistake.

I asked to speak with tech support but CS has repeatedly said to me that is no longer an option. They can submit a ticket to have your account looked into but you cant talk to them or be notified directly once they look at it  if they ever do.

Hope this helps and please correct me if I am incorrect.

(What I've done when I want to bulk-relist as "Sell Similar" is to subscribe to "selling manager", doing my business and then unsubscribing.)

Just a humble seller.
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@losangelesniceguy wrote:

I've been having the same problem and have found that it is a glitch - caused by ebay.

Short answer: if you have listings available from your store subscription you wont be charged if you relist.

Here is the long version explanation:

They (eBay) are changing some our selling accounts so that you are unable to relist in bulk or similar unless you use the "Selling Manager" subscription. The net effect is that eventually everyone wont be able to use the sell similar or sell as fixed priced options - unless you subscribe to the selling manager.

Here is the glitch: Due to the changes they are making when you relist in bulk -whether your legacy account or through selling manager - the system says you are going to be charged for each listing. But, if you have unused listing from your store subscription it will say zero ø actual listing fees in the final screen. This is not affecting everyone, it has always appeared that not everyones accounts are onthe same software revision number.

I found this out by being on the phone with CS while I was relisting, just to make sure that I wasnt actually charged. CS confirmed and I didnt see it in my listing fees.

Now, what happens if you goof or miscalculate how many listings you have is a different question. I really don't think they will have mercy on your slippage/mistake.

I asked to speak with tech support but CS has repeatedly said to me that is no longer an option. They can submit a ticket to have your account looked into but you cant talk to them or be notified directly once they look at it  if they ever do.

Hope this helps and please correct me if I am incorrect.

(What I've done when I want to bulk-relist as "Sell Similar" is to subscribe to "selling manager", doing my business and then unsubscribing.)

Thanks for the suggestion, @losangelesniceguy, but I am already and have for some time been using using "Selling Manager."  Never had a problem relisting items at no charge with my store listing allotment until for the last four days or so.

Are you positive you're talking about "Selling Manager" -- or do you mean the latest bright idea eBay has come up with for sellers -- i.e.,  the "Seller Hub?"   

I'm not using the "Seller Hub."  Have tried it and didn't like it, and now that eBay has removed the button which allows you to return to "Selling Manager" if you prefer that interface, I definitely am not interested in getting stuck over there in that h@ll.

More importantly:   Why does eBay constantly mess with stuff that works just fine making it d@mn near impossible for people to use the platform?    Grrrrrr!!!!

Message 15 of 28
latest reply