cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic store or Premium ?

Dear friends, I have a basic store and I am thinking to upgrade to premium. The only reason is to have more listings so I can be able to keep re listing the items until they sell..I know the fee is high, 60$ per month, so it is a risk but I was thinking you also have more possibilities to sell when you keep relisting.

Any suggestions , are any Premium store members that reading my message satisfied with this subscription ? 

If yes, when is the best day for me to upgrade? Last day of the month or first ?

i was 2 h today on the phone with customers service but still I didn't get the answer.

i will appreciate your answers.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Basic store or Premium ?

auctionpet
Guide

Also, don't forget to use the 250 Free auction listings you receive in the Fashion category. Just start them at the least you want to sell for, since auctions don't see much activity and clothing is a highly saturated category. This will at least get you another 250 items posted at no charge. You could use it as more of a clearance format.

I know you mentioned you want to relist items until they sell, but with the millions of clothing listed here, that could take forever! It's really a tough sell.

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

Wow.....that really sounded good , I wish to have the Turbo lister program.
What are you going to do now? Are you thinking to open a Basic Store ?
Message 17 of 36
latest reply

Hi:  I have a basic store and it includes 250 fixed price listings and 250 auctions in several categories.  So it appears you could increase your listings by using all  Good selling!

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

BEFORE upgrading, I "would require" myself to use ALL the free listings you have for the basic every month.......even if you don't like auctions....as others have said......  IF you can handle that, on a consistent basis....you have a good start on handling 1000 listings.......

And IF you have the inventory to support it, try to list more expensive items rather than the $9.99 or less stuff with free shipping........"lots" of sales are nice, but when you actually figure your profit on a $10 item with free shipping....???? compared to selling $15 and up stuff.......

I guess I'm suggesting you try to figure ways to "work smarter" before upgrading.....and then if that works, I think you will "know" when to upgrade rather than questioning whether to do it......

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

@theodosia7 wrote:

I enjoy my free time too much to open a store. The reason I like Turbo Lister is that I can keep my listings without them being for sale 🙂

If eBay fails to deliver a tool as promised, someone will move in to fill the void. Or if all else fails, there is an API and I'll write one myself.

Message 20 of 36
latest reply

I know you didn't ask for tips, but you did mention your profit wasn't much per item and I also see you offer free shipping.   I pulled up several items, which I fee sure would ship for 1 pound or less via 1st class and most of yours listed free priority flat rate envelope.  You could make more profit by not locking yourself into shipping via priority mail.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@theodosia7 wrote:

I enjoy my free time too much to open a store. The reason I like Turbo Lister is that I can keep my listings without them being for sale 🙂

If eBay fails to deliver a tool as promised, someone will move in to fill the void. Or if all else fails, there is an API and I'll write one myself.

Lucky, I do not use TL for nearly as much quantity as you have -- however, I do rely upon on it nonetheless.  I am also still waiting to hear what the replacement is that they said they'd be offering us.  Still waiting...

A question did occur to me in the interim:  when/if they roll out an alternative do you think we will be able to just move folders from TL into folders in this new alternative -- OR -- will we have to list everything on ebay in active listings and then when they roll off without a sale be able to save them in the new program?  (I am concerned this is going to be an expensive endeavor)

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 22 of 36
latest reply

My personal gut feeling is that whatever "functionality" they come up with to add to Seller Hub to replace Turbo won't.

They'll add a few "features" they THINK we need from Turbo but like everything else it will be half baked and they'll ignore all complaints/suggestions from the actual users of same.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

I have had a Premium store for a while and haven't managed to use my 1000 "free" listings. I am a book seller and I source a lot of inventory from book sales which will heat up later in the Spring. Maybe then I will get closer to 1000 listings. 

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

All tips are more than welcome...it is a very good point, I got told that if you put your items free shipping it attracts more customer. What do you think ?
Second question: does it matter what option I choose to ship if is free shipping ? Do they charge me for this ?
Sometimes,it may say priority mail but I may ship it as first class.I pay for it, does Ebay charge me according what I write on the listing or when I actually buy the label ?
Message 25 of 36
latest reply

Alright, I also think 1000 listing are a lot...I am just thinking the amount of time someone uses to list the items...
Message 26 of 36
latest reply

theodosia7 wrote: ... Sometimes,it may say priority mail but I may ship it as first class.I pay for it, does Ebay charge me according what I write on the listing or when I actually buy the label ?

When you purchse a shipping label you are charged the actual postage cost, regardless of what was in the listing.

However, using First Class instead of Priority is considered a downgrade in service, so it is not permitted. If you intend to use First Class, then you should offer First Class.

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

Good you told me this !

if I understand week, let's say for February , I can use first my listings from my Basic Store and then switch.Correct ?

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

I can definetally see is very tough and high competition...As a buyer, sometimes I am overwhelm from the amount of listings there are....2000-3000 just to find a blouse...
Message 29 of 36
latest reply

I love it, and yes, so much energy in order to earn 4 $ ... I will get rid of these cheap things and start listings with more expensive...
Message 30 of 36
latest reply