cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in eBay town :)

I'm back... I ran my eBay business for 15 years as a hobby and had fun selling, sourcing. During a nasty divorce I had 2 choices close my business or share my gross income 50/50, not net, gross lol.

I decided to come back (crazy no?) I glanced at the forums and things didn't change much. Same old, same old, bad buyers, too many high fees, eBay unfairness... we can't stop complaining lol 

In the days, I used SixBit, love it even though I had to run a server. Today with the all-cloud of things I tried several tools and pick the one that makes my life almost easy (remember, it's a hobby). 

So, hello everyone 🙂 and if there are new eBay tools that showed uo in the last 3 years, let me know 🙂

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Back in eBay town :)

@mysmallstoremn wrote:

WOW SNAD was already trouble, returns as well - I had a woman who return a box of rocks 10lbs, I had to pay USPS and additional fee to have it delivred - couldn't fight it as she made a "return". 

I noticed the product identifier and I'm working on it - not easy when you work with indi designers lol but we will get there.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Yeah exactly. I gave feedback for years as returns need to be more fair for sellers. Instead, they make it less fair... lol.

We have even had cases like yours, where the FedEx packages were weighed. We had evidence of drastic weight differences of both packages. 

Still not protected.

We had customers whos own photos showed a clean new metal shiny item. He took pictures on pavement, and in later pictures has very clear scratches on the once-shiny metal. 

Still not protected.

We had customers who claimed they received an empty box... yet when we ask for pictures of it, he's "on his way to his shop and he will take pictures once he is there"... he brought his "empty box" with him to his shop??? Then gives us a negative feedback because we "cheaped out on shipping" when HE chose USPS shipping? And in the first couple pages of feedback did this over 15 times to other sellers?

Still not protected.

We had buyers use wrong ship boxes to return, $75 delivery fee... still not protected.

We had Item Not Received cases, where it was decided WITHOUT a hold (as they used to do 10 day holds to give it time). Later htat same day, item was delivered, and found out you are NOT protected in this case. No eBay policy states they have to send the item back after an Item Not Received case!

Well, it's not really anything new to not be protected.

Just a bit frustrating that now there's potential penalties for high return rates, and you can NOT combat the returns. That potential 4% FVF is a HUGE HUGE loss, and could effictively prevent you from competing in your category.

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

No you can't combat returns, it's all Amazon style now - free return, no questions asked, full refund. 

Back in the days, there was hum... Squaretrade? who helped mitigating neg feedbacks like "bad seller, I bought the wrong item", it wasn't cheap but usefull.

I bought lots of DVD and Software when Circuit City went belly up in 2008-2009 - The return policy was no return for open items, I had return with neg feedbacks like "didn't enjoy the movie" and eBay was ok with it. I feel it didn't change.

The best one, I sold a professional version of the Adobe suite - about $3,000, the buyer returned an Educational German version - Went to the police for a report, yet PP and eBay said: the order was retuned so automatic touchdown - I mean refund. 

Yet, those are the 1% that makes life interesting 🙂

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@mysmallstoremn wrote:

WOW SNAD was already trouble, returns as well - I had a woman who return a box of rocks 10lbs, I had to pay USPS and additional fee to have it delivred - couldn't fight it as she made a "return". 

I noticed the product identifier and I'm working on it - not easy when you work with indi designers lol but we will get there.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

That right there is a federal crime.  Did you report it to her police and to USPS postal inspectors?

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Report to whom? they have better cat to skin lol
Message 34 of 34
latest reply