cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else seeing the Visit Store button Missing On Listing Pages?

I may be losing track of all the recent changes, however, I just noticed the Visit Store button is missing in the module I screenshot below. Is anyone else noticing this?

Screenshot 2024-04-25 131936.jpgI hope this is another test and not a permanent change.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

It's always very hard to see something that's missing.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

What page(s) are on?

Those appear to be the separate "About" and "Feedback" tabs of your store page (minus the header) here:

https://www.ebay.com/str/mcdougle4248

Perhaps it is different from the seller's point of view, but as a buyer, from either of those tab pages I can reach your storefront by clicking on the "Shop" tab.

eBay has shuffled some links around so that anyone clicking on your username in a listing is taken not to a separate profile page but directly to your store page now. For sellers without a store, the user profile page has a similar store-like layout; the only difference appears to be the usr that replaces the str in the link itself.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

Example listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/196364088895 

I am looking at the module under the description field. There was a Visit Store button, that is now gone.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Ah, understood!

As a buyer, I can see a "visit store" link there:

eburtonlab_0-1714078341553.png

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

I am using Chrome and I just tried incognito and I see this. The Visit Store button is now visible.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 132818.jpg

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 

If I use the link in this forum "view listings", it takes me to a page of your listings with a different title that I assume is your store name.  If I choose the first listing (some sort of beer can christmas ornaments) I am taken to your product page for the ornaments.  There is no mention of a "store" per se, but the "see seller's other items". 

This takes me back to the same page  with the title "Kim's UnCANny Ornaments".....BUT WAIT....by mistake I clicked on that title, it opened what I assumed was your storefront, with Featured Items, and Featured Categories. 

Still can't see your feedback page unless I click on it and go the extra step to see ALL ....it is only there on that page that the "blue door" store icon is displayed to indicate you have one. 

Actually, I never pay attention to anything related to a seller's store.  As a buyer I always chose "see seller's other items" and proceeded to peruse from there.  I never chose, even when it was present, "See seller's store".   

I never saw much point, really.  An eBay "store" is simply a monthly subscription you pay, and always figured the "store" items would exclude any auction listings and only showed fixed price/Bin.  It may not be true, but never used the See Seller's store choice anyway.  

Let me know if you need some screen shots. 

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

@ittybitnot 

Thank you, yes I would like to see screenshots if you have the time.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Checked a couple of your listings and I'm seeing the Visit Store button.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

I did a bit more testing with a seller that I follow and know has a store. I would assume this would be what a BUYER would see. Still using Chrome, the first screenshot is viewing logged-on. The second screenshot is using incognito mode. I only see the Visit Store button when using incognito mode.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 135722.jpgScreenshot 2024-04-25 140220.jpg

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

It might be worth holding down the shift key and refreshing the page just in case this is a cache issue, to see if that allows the store link to load without using incognito mode.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

@kensgiftshop 

Thank you for checking. It looks like the issue is on my end somehow 🙄

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

It might be worth holding down the shift key and refreshing the page just in case this is a cache issue, to see if that allows the store link to load without using incognito mode.

Nope, that did not change the view. I will try another browser.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

OK, I started all over. signed out of eBay, cleared cache and cookies.

Chrome-same results as previously. Only see the Visit Store button when using incognito.

Firefox-not seeing the Visit Store button signed in or using a private window.

MS Edge-same as Chrome. Only see the Visit Store button when using a private window.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

I would like to see screenshots if you have the time.

@mcdougle4248 

Ok, here are some quick ones.  I also am using Chrome on a PC.  I typically never use the see profile page of anyone (as I am more interested in where you are located and feedback which is not displayed on that page)  so the first screen is what i see if I click from here on the forums to "View Listings" is this: 

test1.jpg

Note there is no mention of a "store" anyplace.  But if I choose to look at the first listing on the page, and click to open it, I see this: 

test2.jpg

Note there is no mention of any "store".    

If then I choose again to "see other items" I go back to the first screen displayed above.  

However, if I should happen to click on the TITLE on that first screen, this is what is displayed:

test3.jpg

I am assuming that is your storefront page but still no mention of a "store" other than your name is different. f I want to see your feedback, etc. when I finally navigate to "see all" I get the regular page that shows the "blue door" that we all are used to. 

test4.jpg

Here is the See Seller's items   AND See seller's store along with the 'blue door'.  

I have to explain to you a little bit, that I have been here since 1998.  I come from the time when 'stores' first became an idea.  Items in a person's store were all fixed price, and NONE were visible in any platform search.  The idea was to post auctions, and perhaps someone who viewed one of your auctions, would stumble into your store and buy a fixed priced item as they were not displayed otherwise. 

That is why I likely don't  til this day put much stock in the "see seller's store" choice.  As a buyer who buys most things at auction, I do realize that the BIN items are likely also shown if I choose "see seller's other items",  but they appear at the bottom of a search sort of "ending soonest" and I may never see them. 

Hope this helps...fast screen shots are not my best !!!!! LOL. 

Message 15 of 29
latest reply