cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another "test", eBay?

Revising a listing to find this half-hidden gem under payment info.  Not on every listing, but weird enough to warrant questioning.

What the heck is this, eBay?  Why would it be on our listing?  WHY are you advertising (or allowing someone else to advertize) this on OUR listing?  It is completely and utterly related not only to the item, but to payment method(s) accepted.   Is this another unannounced, unwanted "test"?

autograph.jpg

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Another "test", eBay?

Don't people need those bolts or whatever they are authenticated? 😉 

Just typical ebay.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Its another revenue stream for Ebay that they have decided to add to our listings.  Eventually nothing you put on your paid listing will be shown, only the advertisements that EBay needs to survive.  But when sellers finally get fed up with all of these advertisements and non showing of items Ebay will not only show low growth, they will show no growth, or probably even Negative Growth which will spell the end for the current CEO.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I'm wondering if that "CC-N01" or similar coding in your title is also shared by some collectibles (e.g. numbering on certain baseball cards), and thus the eBay bot thinks that you might be selling an autograhed collectible.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Puzzling as it is not applicable to the OP's listing.  

Maybe a glitch.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

tyler@ebay

brian@ebay

Hi, Tyler and Brian:  Hope you are well, and sorry for the page, but this is puzzling.

The option to have an autograph expert authenticate the listing is not applicable in this case.   Perhaps this is a glitch or a test, but that is not known, and this may be something that you need to know to pass on to the proper departments.  Perhaps you have more information on this that you can share?  Thank you so much for your help!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I'm most alarmed that these type of issues continue to pop up, despite the announcement that eBay will undergo further testing & implementation processes to ensure issues like this do not happen...

Is anyone actually at the helm guiding the ship? Or are things just out of control?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Interesting question, but why would the link to this non-eBay business appear in our payment info field?

For anyone who doesn't know (I followed the link), this business being advertised is a paid service which provides an "opinion" on the authenticity of autographs purchased through online auctions.  If it's an eBay item, you get a "special price" which is then put towards the price of a full blown authentication.

So no, pretty sure amphenol connectors have nothing to do with signed baseball cards - and if a developer coded the bot system so poorly as to even consider those parameters, someone really should be considered for demotion.

~M

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

I'm wondering if that "CC-N01" or similar coding in your title is also shared by some collectibles (e.g. numbering on certain baseball cards), and thus the eBay bot thinks that you might be selling an autograhed collectible.

But that would mean that ebay's bots are incapable of reading the category the item is listed in.

I would expect to see that horse hockey on something in the collectible or autograph categories or if the word autograph is in the title or Item Specifics.

Nice to see that ebay's incompetence is consistent.

(*Bleep*)
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@zamo-zuan wrote:

I'm most alarmed that these type of issues continue to pop up, despite the announcement that eBay will undergo further testing & implementation processes to ensure issues like this do not happen...

Is anyone actually at the helm guiding the ship? Or are things just out of control?

@zamo-zuan

Unfortunately at Ebay the right hand never has a clue what the individual fingers are doing let alone what the left hand is doing.  They have all of these teams that maybe talk to their fellow team members, and that is a big maybe, both each team is super territorial trying to protect their jobs and justify their existence that they cannot and will not work together.  So these glitches are going to continue as long as Ebay operates the way it does.  

Now if Ebay cannot even get these little things right, can you imagine what things are going to be like when they become the payment intermediary?  They have been working on Sellers Hub for over 2 years and it still does not operate even close to what they promised it would, and to participate on Ebay when they become the payment intermediary you will be required to use Sellers Hub.  So all of us that have not converted to the broken mess will be forced to make the change to the software that Ebay created to be able to better control and manipulate sellers and the odds are that it will still not work correctly because Ebay refuses to hire and pay for the talent necessary to make it work.  Instead they continue to use the offshore companies that have continually shown they do not have the ability nor the talent to be able to make this work.

But the sellers who pay for this mess will be forced to use it and then try and figure out when Ebay has ripped them off by not sending all the money they were due.  At  least with Paypal we can easily see who paid for what and when.  Will that be the case with batch processing when you can't even depend on the Sales Reports that Ebay puts out currently to be accurate??

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@terrycanarsky wrote:

Interesting question, but why would the link to this non-eBay business appear in our payment info field?

For anyone who doesn't know (I followed the link), this business being advertised is a paid service which provides an "opinion" on the authenticity of autographs purchased through online auctions.  If it's an eBay item, you get a "special price" which is then put towards the price of a full blown authentication.

So no, pretty sure amphenol connectors have nothing to do with signed baseball cards - and if a developer coded the bot system so poorly as to even consider those parameters, someone really should be considered for demotion.

~M

Knowing Ebay that programmer will probably be given a promotion for finding another way to grab some additional money for Ebay since i am sure they get  a % of all sales made and probably get a click through amount also.  This is not a mistake by any means, this is Ebay once again trying to show growth by any means necessary.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

@a_c_green wrote:

But that would mean that ebay's bots are incapable of reading the category the item is listed in.

I would expect to see that horse hockey on something in the collectible or autograph categories or if the word autograph is in the title or Item Specifics.

Nice to see that ebay's incompetence is consistent.

Stay tuned for the next Seller Update and the Great News!

(darn, they hid that sarcasm font again - can never find things when you need them  Smiley Sad )

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

tyler@ebay

brian@ebay

Hi, Tyler and Brian:  Hope you are well, and sorry for the page, but this is puzzling.

The option to have an autograph expert authenticate the listing is not applicable in this case.   Perhaps this is a glitch or a test, but that is not known, and this may be something that you need to know to pass on to the proper departments.  Perhaps you have more information on this that you can share?  Thank you so much for your help!

Hi @castlemagicmemories, there isn't a need for the autograph expert option for an item like this. It appears to be a site issue, so I'll go ahead and get it reported. Thanks for letting me know! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thank you, Brian! Your help is appreciated. I thought it might be a site issue. Thanks for reporting it.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply