cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Permanently Suspended for Nothing

Well, after trying to start becoming a common seller on ebay, it did not last long. I had started my account and put up like 8 or so listings, and days later received an email saying I was permanently banned. As I was reading the email to see why, all it said was "we saw activity that could be a risk". What had I done? Nothing! I had followed all guidelines but now I'm permanently banned, and after contacting them, they said I had no permission to know why. Then I tried making a new account which was also banned without specifics as to why. Now I'm unable to ever sell on ebay because I did nothing wrong. Any way to fix/work around this?

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Not sure. This is the first time I've ever made an ebay account, that's why I was so surprised by the suspension

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

they have got something on  you.. no way they gonna do that unless they  did. better think back and remember what you cant seem to  remember now.

Message 2 of 73
latest reply

@bracoo_7944    My understanding is a permanent ban is for life.  What exactly were you trying to sell?  Obviously with out more info few here could guess what the problem was.  Do you share WiFi with anyone?  Were you sharing an account on a computer? 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 73
latest reply

Opening a new account after your suspended is very serious matter. That alone can get you banned for life. What kind of items did you list? That may hold a clue.

Message 4 of 73
latest reply

I suspect there is a rash of new users being set up from Sri Lanka and possible Indonesia since New Years.  There are too many very basic questions coming from completely new users from these areas this week.  I won't respond to these innocent looking questions that anyone should be able to figure out reading help files.  They usually have fake drop ship addresses near the west or east coast and a dot or under slash in their user name.

Again, they are breaking all sorts of listing rules on the first day so I won't even reply anymore.

Message 5 of 73
latest reply

block the countries you dont wanna sell to. problem solved

Message 6 of 73
latest reply

Not sure. This is the first time I've ever made an ebay account, that's why I was so surprised by the suspension

Message 7 of 73
latest reply

Yep, it is for life. I was selling gaming headsets, number pads, a watch, and game controller stuff, etc. All kinda random and have seen all already on ebay. I do share wifi with my family. I've used my account on the app and a computer. My dad is also an ebay user but he has another account.

Message 8 of 73
latest reply

Did you have a listing taken down by eBay and then relist that same item?

Message 9 of 73
latest reply

So the first account I ever made was permanently banned. That's why I made the second account, so I didn't know I was already banned for life. I also didn't know you couldn't make another account. I sold stuff like gaming headsets, number pads, a watch, game controller stuff, and other things like that.

Message 10 of 73
latest reply

ebay loves new sellers and buyers. they didnt just single you out for no reason.  theres something  going on and the only person who knows  is you.  it  will probably dawn on you sooner or later if thats any conciliation

Message 11 of 73
latest reply

Nope. I listed them the first time fine then got a message saying all my Listings were taken down and that I was permanently suspended

Message 12 of 73
latest reply

What's that got to do with why I was banned? I'm living in the west and didn't buy or sell anything yet. Only had items listed.

Message 13 of 73
latest reply

@bracoo_7944 wrote:

Yep, it is for life. I was selling gaming headsets, number pads, a watch, and game controller stuff, etc. All kinda random and have seen all already on ebay. I do share wifi with my family. I've used my account on the app and a computer. My dad is also an ebay user but he has another account.

Were you dropshipping that cheap fake junk from China?

Have a great day
Message 14 of 73
latest reply

@bracoo_7944 wrote:

Then I tried making a new account which was also banned without specifics as to why.

Created a second account to avoid the consequences of suspension was a clear violation of eBay policy. 

I suspect that that ill-advised action has probably sealed your fate on eBay and eliminated any chance of being reinstated. 

Message 15 of 73
latest reply