cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About this product now showing in some listings

This is showing up in some of my listing and I never added it.

How do I remove it?

About this product

Product Identifiers
Brand
Chicago Cutlery
MPN
GTIN
UPC
eBay Product ID (ePID)
Product Key Features
Number of Items in Set
Food Compatibility
Fruit, Cheese, Vegetables, Salad, Meat
Color
Black
Original/Reproduction
Original
Time Period Manufactured
Handle Material
Stainless Steel
Blade Length
7 in
Style
Traditional
Features
Hand Wash Only, Reusable
Material
Stainless Steel, Metal, Carbon Steel
Type
Knife Set
Model
Theme
Chicago
Dimensions
Item Height
12 in
Item Weight
Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: About this product now showing in some listings

None of ours had UPCs or MPNs and it still put the info there.  Total mess.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 46 of 59
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

When I initially submitted my items, they are okay; however, the “About this product” gets added within a day or two (so you might keep an eye on the item you revised).  

@retiredcw4 

Thank you for posting that information.  

tyler@ebay 

Though I see you have responded to the other thread regarding BOOKS, can you please respond here as well regarding the "about this product" information being added after the fact when no UPC or MPNs  are included?   As you see, from reading the threads here, it is a confusing issue in many categories as well.

From general observation, this "about this product" info is posted on the listing BEFORE the seller's description appears.  Even if the information is WRONG, and the seller includes a 'disclaimer' to indicate the information was added by eBay and not accurate, it will not appear until AFTER the 'inserted by eBay' info is displayed.  

Thank you. 

Hi @ittybitnot - I don't have any confirmation or update about other categories yet, but the books category is a confirmed tech issue that is working on being resolved. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 47 of 59
latest reply

And just like that.......they are GONE!!!

Message 48 of 59
latest reply

And just like that.......they are GONE!!!

@mandicrafts 

Can you elaborate a bit?  What is "gone"?   The eBay Product Information from current listings?  From listings with identifiers (MPN/UPC/ISBN)?  Product information added to listings without identifiers after the fact?

Message 49 of 59
latest reply

LOL! Sorry!
Yes all the "extra" About this Product (ebay catalog) sections. It is back to just our own Item specifics section on the items I spot checked, including one I had a previous screen print with the 2 sections, it now does not have the ebay added About this product section.

Message 50 of 59
latest reply

@ittybitnot - the team I was working with on the Books category confirmed a fix rolled out overnight. 

It seems, anecdotally, that that has also corrected the other categories we were seeing. Are you able to confirm for the categories you list in?

Thanks for confirming @mandicrafts

Tyler,
eBay
Message 51 of 59
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Thanks so much for the news.  Unfortunately, I do not sell here anymore, just buy so I am unable to confirm using my own information.  I am sure some of the others that posted here will be able to 'weigh in' during the day, and I will check in my other ecommerce groups to see if there is any registered notice of improvement. 

Your attention to this is most appreciated.   

Message 52 of 59
latest reply

Yes, my listings in Model Railroads and Trains have been updated and the “About this product” removed. Thanks to you and the others that fixed the issue.

Message 53 of 59
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Glad to hear this @retiredcw4! One of those rare occasions where a related bug is a good thing. 😉 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 54 of 59
latest reply

Thanks for the update. It seems to be gone from my eBay Motors > Parts and Accessories listings now. Great to hear this was an unintended situation and not something eBay thought was a good idea. If anything this is a demonstration of how imperfect the catalog data is, and why it should never be pushed to all listings like that. It's hard enough to get customers to read the (correct) fitment information in my listings, without having conflicting information being automatically inserted.

Message 55 of 59
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@ittybitnot - the team I was working with on the Books category confirmed a fix rolled out overnight. 

It seems, anecdotally, that that has also corrected the other categories we were seeing. Are you able to confirm for the categories you list in?

tyler@ebay glad to hear they got a fix rolled out so quickly!

Any updates on how affected sellers will be protected for negative feedback and not as described returns due to this issue?

Message 56 of 59
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

tyler@ebay glad to hear they got a fix rolled out so quickly!

Any updates on how affected sellers will be protected for negative feedback and not as described returns due to this issue?

Hi @valueaddedresource - I don't have an update on that, but will keep you apprised if that changes!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 57 of 59
latest reply

Tyler, thank you so much for your help on this.  You are the man!

Message 58 of 59
latest reply

I have been trying to get ebay to fix this issue for several weeks in the collectibles categories. Most of my listings had the same issue with "About this Product" from the product catalog and none of it was accurate. After multiple calls to CS, all I received was overseas CS reps who did not understand the problem, but said they would report it to tech services. I reached out via community and still had no luck with assistance. 

In desperation as this was causing a huge loss in sales, I removed all the UPC/GTIN/SKU information from each of my listings, hoping it would "reset" on it's own. Has this been fixed in the collectibles category yet? This issue has prevented me from listing anything new as I kept running into the same problem.

If I add the UPC/GTIN/SKU etc back into my listings, will it still tie into whatever accurate (or inaccurate) information is in the product catalog? Please advise.

Thank you.

Message 59 of 59
latest reply