cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL Over AGAIN! Photos disappearing on GTC re-listings

OMG!!!

This AGAIN!

Photos disappearing on GTC relisted items!

Unbelievable!

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Are you sure?

For me, the same listings that lost photos last month (which I have not fixed yet) are now re-listing again (last night, today).

Message 2 of 77
latest reply

Same here, just had one roll without photos from last month.  I didn't fix this one but my other ones that rolled seem okay for the moment.

This thread sent chills down my spine again...

Message 3 of 77
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

Are you sure?

For me, the same listings that lost photos last month (which I have not fixed yet) are now re-listing again (last night, today).

YES! my GTC listings are relisting right now WITHOUT my additional photos- has just the gallery photo!

Getting "Meet photo recommendations for ________ photos"

Message 4 of 77
latest reply

The one listing that I did add photos to re-listed overnight and did retain the photos.

Waiting to see if anyone else reports photos lost again.

I find it suspicious that it's the same listings.

Message 5 of 77
latest reply

Yep, my guess is that the glitch broke *some* of those listings permanently. There's been so little communication about the issue that I think it's possible eBay doesn't fully understand what happened (or continues to happen). 

Message 6 of 77
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

OMG!!!

This AGAIN!

Unbelievable!

The last GTC ‘s I had “roll over” were 9-10 hours ago and the pics are intact. Some of those lost pics last month, if I am not mistaken.

The next group is 21 hours out. 

Thanks for the heads up, time to keep a sharp eye on things……

Message 7 of 77
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

OMG!!!

This AGAIN!

Unbelievable!

Update:

Just got off the phone w ebay. They are creating an IT Ticket for my acct, but so far they have no other reports of this still being a problem and that it was resolved on 6/23. All I can do is take new photos for the affected listings.

BTW- The google search method is no longer showing the deleted photos like it was when this 1st started happening a month or two ago.

Message 8 of 77
latest reply

So if I'm understanding correctly, the same listings that lost photos last month, and you added the photos back into, are now re-listing and losing the photos you added back in? Hmmm. The one I did fix re-listed and kept the photos. The other 9 still just have the one photo, but they still show, unlike last month when I had to revise to even get the gallery photo back. (one item did sell with just the gallery photo)

Message 9 of 77
latest reply

Yes it happened again. I have lost the photos on 50 previuosly unaffected listings. Hour plus wait for ebay customer service. Its happened to a lot of people

Message 10 of 77
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

OMG!!!

This AGAIN!

Unbelievable!

I can only report that I had one roll over a few minutes ago and my pic. are still intact.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 11 of 77
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

OMG!!!

This AGAIN!

Unbelievable!

I keep my photos on an extra hard drive after I take them.  They are numbered just like the unique inventory number on the item, so are easy to find if needed.

I would advise ANYONE that is continuing to have this problem and do not usually archive their photos, to make an exception and archive their photos for awhile until this gets resolved. 

Message 12 of 77
latest reply

My moment of being okay has now passed.  Listings are now rolling and many are deleting all photos but the gallery.  I am beyond disgusted.  I was creating new listings so now that activity will stop---this is ridiculous!!!

Ebay stated it was resolved on June 23rd---was it a one month fix?  They never did replace any of my previous missing photos so I suppose this will be on us again.

Message 13 of 77
latest reply

Thanks everyone, I just created a few GTC listings and I am going to change them to 30 day fixed. 

Message 14 of 77
latest reply

brian@ebay tyler@ebay

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 15 of 77
latest reply