cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 terrible weeks & counting

6 terrible weeks of absolute disappointment in sales.  Oct. was lousy.  November is starting out the same way!  4 sales in 5 days of this week.  8 days in - 7 sales.  Last Sunday, in 1 day (just 6 hours time) at the flea market, I made half as much as I've earned in those 6 weeks on eBay.  Going to find other means!  Dec. 31 may be my final day.  Good luck to all sellers.    🙂

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: 6 terrible weeks & counting

eBay is becoming geared towards high volume drop shippers.  It's not the diverse marketplace it once was.  Current eBay policy favors those who move a lot of product and pay for the right to do so.  A dropshipper who routinely sells $2.00-$5.00 USD priced items on eBay likely has a fair number of defects, returns, item not arrived or as described.  This puts them into the high or very fields in eBay's service metrics program that, by design,  is intended to enhance eBay's income (not to help sellers grow and improve customer service as they would like to have you believe).  eBay can now charge  sellers a higher listing fee (0.35 USD) and also get a higher final value fees by manipulating these statistics to their advantage (they like to use the fancy word 'metrics').    These sellers list hundreds of items at a time.   They likely don't call eBay CSR's and complain about return or SNADS .  Ultimately, eBay makes more, uses less human resources and becomes a part of the global garbage selling continuum.    It's a sad situation, but at the end of the day, eBay is a multinational organization whose primary aim is to reward stockholders and pay big bonuses to executives.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I'm sorry to hear you are so discouraged that you are leaving.  I know it won't help, but there are sellers who would love to have the sales that you have had, but I understand that you want more.

Wishing you all the best as you move forward.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I had 6 sales in October.

For November, nada, zip, zilch.

I tried the volume pricing today for 3 weeks.  We'll see if that helps any.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Same here,very bad sales.i have a store and will be getting rid of it after Christmas.Cant even make enough to support it 😞
Message 5 of 5
latest reply