cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25% off FVF Promo 3/12-4/12

I assume it's for items listed during the promo, but it's not clear if they have to sell DURING the promo window, or during the listing duration to qualify.

I hate these ones where you have to keep track to see if you actually get it or not (given eBay's track record). Rather have free insertions you can track easier. Just imo ofcourse.

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0312/25FVF.html

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 1 of 190
latest reply
189 REPLIES 189

Re: 25% off FVF Promo 3/12-4/12

and it's a credit that will be given after the billing cycle closes. convenient there.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 91 of 190
latest reply

@dhbookdswrote:

Check messages

Both better half and I got this

Dear dhbookds, As you know, you recently activated a month-long promotion to receive 25% off on your Final Value Fees.

We’ve had to cancel the promotion, but wanted to let you know that your discount has not been affected. You will still receive the 25% off Final Value Fee discount.

You will see the discount in the form of credits on your invoice after the promotion period ends on Thursday, April 12, 2018. Terms and Conditions below.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Got the same exact e-mail.

Nice that they are honoring their mistake.

Message 92 of 190
latest reply

This e-mail clarifies nothing. I activated the promo but only got about 3 things listed before they "ended" it. Does this mean I get the discount on only those 3 items or because I activated the promo I get the full benefit of the original time frame???

Message 93 of 190
latest reply

Yes, but ARE they? If they were actually HONORING it, they'd make it clear we STILL get to use the activated (but now cancelled) promo and reinstate the tally on out offers section.

Message 94 of 190
latest reply

I got it email on 2 accounts, only problem is it ends 4/12, my bill invoice won't be until 5/1, gonna be hard to figure what sold for what, when and is the discount is right a month later.
Message 95 of 190
latest reply

@oldcolt45wrote:

This e-mail clarifies nothing. I activated the promo but only got about 3 things listed before they "ended" it. Does this mean I get the discount on only those 3 items or because I activated the promo I get the full benefit of the original time frame???

Scroll down to the bottom portion of the e-mail.

The WHOLE ORIGINAL PROMOTION is repeated there word for word.

THAT'S what they are honoring.

Message 96 of 190
latest reply

@lookng2015wrote:
Clear as mud.

It's been cancelled (there's a shock) but it still doesn't say if those who activated it will get the benefit of the promotion if they list more & sell within the promo window, or if it will just cover items already listed while it was ACTIVE.

Since the email says you will receive your credit after the promo ends on the 12th of April 2018 then I take it to read that they will be honoring the promo for the full month but only for those that activated it.

Message 97 of 190
latest reply

Which is why they should reinstate the tally (AND make it either ACTIVE or INACTIVE...then we'd know for sure wth is going on with it).

Message 98 of 190
latest reply

I received an e-mail about 10 minutes ago saying that they will still honor the 25% off FVF promotion, which they should and am glad that they are.  But I have a couple questions:

Do I only get 25% off FVF on listings that (a) have been newly listed/re-listed since March 12 and then (b) sell by April 12th?

If that's the case, I have another promotion where I can list 500 items for free until Wednesday night; so should I end most of my listings that were listed before March 12th and relist them by Wednesday night?  It seems then all of those items (which are all 30-day fixed price listings) would (a) instantly fall under the 25% off FVF promotion and (b) my listings would restart a new 30-day cycle and my items can stay listed for longer (keep in mind I only have about 350 listings). 

Any thoughts?

Message 99 of 190
latest reply

And assuming ANYthing on eBay can bite you.

Message 100 of 190
latest reply

It appears to be they have to sell by April 12th, yes.

The question after the email is whether it only applies to stuff you already listed while the promo showed on our IDs.

Message 101 of 190
latest reply

Hi all, 

We have had to deactivate the promotion and apologize for the inconvenience.

If you opted in and received a confirmation of acceptance, we will be honoring the promotion. You will receive an email with details if this pertains to you.

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 102 of 190
latest reply

Ah, didn't even think of that. It's stinks when a seller would like an answer to a question that eBay didn't even know that there was a question for.
Message 103 of 190
latest reply

Did anyone else receive this message from ebay?IMG_4779.JPG

Message 104 of 190
latest reply

@eromscomicswrote:

I received an e-mail about 10 minutes ago saying that they will still honor the 25% off FVF promotion, which they should and am glad that they are.  But I have a couple questions:

Do I only get 25% off FVF on listings that (a) have been newly listed/re-listed since March 12 and then (b) sell by April 12th?

If that's the case, I have another promotion where I can list 500 items for free until Wednesday night; so should I end most of my listings that were listed before March 12th and relist them by Wednesday night?  It seems then all of those items (which are all 30-day fixed price listings) would (a) instantly fall under the 25% off FVF promotion and (b) my listings would restart a new 30-day cycle and my items can stay listed for longer (keep in mind I only have about 350 listings). 

Any thoughts?

rom,

The promotion says NOTHING about a selling date .... the selling date is irrelevant. It is the listing date that determines whether or not you get the 25% off:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

What is the Promotion?
Invited sellers ("Sellers") who activate the offer and then create new listings in the fixed price, auction-style, or auction-style with Buy It Now format during the Promotion Period, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, will receive a 25% discount on final value fees ("Promotional Rate") during the Promotion Period (the "Promotion").

Message 105 of 190
latest reply