cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 pics instead of 12 pics

I got a little excited about the new change announced at the eBay Open that 24 pictures are allowed instead of 12. I can't really say that I need 24 pictures, because I rarely use all 12 pictures, although I know I should. Well, this morning I tried to list my first listings with more than 12 pictures. Oooppsss.... not yet, the function isn't active yet. Looking forward to it though.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Is that for all listings? Two days ago, I thought I heard just certain categories. Thanks for any info..

24 is a game changer for me, many items I want to sell need at least 24 photos..

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

It's for all categories, but won't be in effect until sometime in November............

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

@candd205 @collectfest 

I asked at ebay Open and ebay confirmed:

24 photos is for ALL categories.

the increase will go live sometime "in the November time frame".....which presumably means in November, but is unclear enough for additional wiggle room

The formal announcement should be part of the Fall Seller Update, which will probably be released next week

So, once this happens, we will have 24 free photos plus a free video for each listing.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@candd205 @collectfest 

I asked at ebay Open and ebay confirmed:

24 photos is for ALL categories.

the increase will go live sometime "in the November time frame".....which presumably means in November, but is unclear enough for additional wiggle room

The formal announcement should be part of the Fall Seller Update, which will probably be released next week

So, once this happens, we will have 24 free photos plus a free video for each listing.

Well, for me, this is the best news in a decade. I have so many superb items that I refuse to list because of the lack of images such as scrapbooks, photo albums and catalogs. I also collect items that I know many do not list because of the same reason.

I am giddy doing the happy dance, hope they keep the hover/enlarge feature.

Thanks for the update.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Since buyers seldom scroll down and read the written description; maybe good idea to put written description in 2,3,5 of those 'pictures'?? 

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers  I imagine some sellers will do that. I won't be one of them, but to each his own.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Who else has been selling long enough that they remember when you got one "free" picture with a listing & had to pay extra for additional pictures??

I think you had to pay $1 or $2 additional to get more pictures. I could be wrong, that was a while back.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Oh, I never thought of that. Interesting idea.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Since buyers seldom scroll down and read the written description; maybe good idea to put written description in 2,3,5 of those 'pictures'?? 

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

A superb idea. I would be on board with that. I thought I read some posts about that a year ago and was told that there was an issue with it.

Something about search showing up on google issue as well as it won't protect us/or override the description. Cannot be sure, if anyone knows what I am trying to remember would love to hear comments....

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

@aeparts1 wrote:

Who else has been selling long enough that they remember when you got one "free" picture with a listing & had to pay extra for additional pictures??

I think you had to pay $1 or $2 additional to get more pictures. I could be wrong, that was a while back.

I do, LOL!!! I used to have 95% percent conversion rate then also!!! Feedback fights were the best! Shaming was in vouge. 

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

@aeparts1 wrote:

(raises hand)  I recently got back into an anitque Photobucket account I had then.  You could add more photos if you hosted them elsewhere and everyone had one of those free accounts.  Actually, I go back to the days when adding a photo was optional!  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

I got a little excited about the new change announced at the eBay Open that 24 pictures are allowed instead of 12. I can't really say that I need 24 pictures, because I rarely use all 12 pictures, although I know I should. Well, this morning I tried to list my first listings with more than 12 pictures. Oooppsss.... not yet, the function isn't active yet. Looking forward to it though.

most people don't need the 12 not to mention 24, but whatever, bigger issue is the listing tool itself - don't worry though, be able to add more photos.

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@

@evelyb30 wrote:

@aeparts1 wrote:

(raises hand)  I recently got back into an anitque Photobucket account I had then.  You could add more photos if you hosted them elsewhere and everyone had one of those free accounts.  Actually, I go back to the days when adding a photo was optional!  

I remember the optional photo period. We could check a box that would put a little green camera icon next to the title in search, letting buyers know that when they opened the listing they would find a photo.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

It's live now! Just took my photos and it prompted more.... This has changed since this morning. 

Message 15 of 34
latest reply