cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20% off coupon Today - Let your buyers know!

All,

I thought I would let you know that from 8-8 Pacific time we are having a 20% off coupon - let you buyers know AND do some shopping yourselves - it's a great offer 

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0309/7020.html

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 1 of 128
latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

@lookng2015wrote:
And just how do you suggest we "let our buyers know" when eBay has done everything in it's power lately to discourage communication?

Smoke signals I guess

Message 31 of 128
latest reply

Just over a month ago, there was a thread that became very unpleasant because I said that I keep in touch with my customers if they want me to find something for them. The thread turned into a complete and utter bashing that did not stop until I closed the post.

I am totally in agreement with you that we should be doing more to be proactive isales. Why sit around waiting for something to happen if you can generate business on eBay? It works for both eBay and the seller. 

I have let about 50 of my customers know that this special is on. Most have responded to my message and are thanking me for letting them know. Some are incredibly excited. I have not received a single negative so far.

Lets get back into the business of building businesses, making sales. We can all do it if the guidelines are written properly.

Just my thoughts,

Ann

Message 32 of 128
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1wrote:

Just over a month ago, there was a thread that became very unpleasant because I said that I keep in touch with my customers if they want me to find something for them. The thread turned into a complete and utter bashing that did not stop until I closed the post.

If those buyers gave you explicit permission to contact them, then you're totally within the rules.

Message 33 of 128
latest reply

One of the sellers of the item I bought almost immediately sent me an email informing me that anything I bought in the next 12 hours would ship for free with the item I already bought and offered me $5 off anything else I wanted to add.

Allowed or not, it was appreciate. I didn't add anything but it was nice to know.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 34 of 128
latest reply

I saved $100 on supplies! I also let several buyers know who had unpaid invoices of more than $25. One of them just wrote me back and thanked me for saving him $14!
Message 35 of 128
latest reply

@jason_incognitowrote:

One of the sellers of the item I bought almost immediately sent me an email informing me that anything I bought in the next 12 hours would ship for free with the item I already bought and offered me $5 off anything else I wanted to add.

Allowed or not, it was appreciate. I didn't add anything but it was nice to know.

And that is how you get repeat and multiple sales. 

Message 36 of 128
latest reply

I just ran across one seller who put it as a subtitle, including the promo code.

Message 37 of 128
latest reply

I have been cautious, knowing that someone will come back after the offer is expired and be upset that they didn't get it.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 38 of 128
latest reply

Appreciate the 'heads up' - but this means that you are granting sellers permission to spam our buyers with unsolicited email? I thought that was a violation of the rules. Upon your confirmation of this being ok, brian_burke@ebay, I'll be happy to spread the word! 🙂

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 39 of 128
latest reply

brian_burke@ebay  Brian, that's great.  Will all Buyers receive that message in eBay messaging like we've been receiving the 5% Discount for items in a Buyer's cart (pic below). 

Screenshot (1085).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 40 of 128
latest reply

I'm reading that people are buying several items so what does this mean:

Coupon can be used once within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

In my haste, I read that as one-time use.  So, put a bunch of stuff in the cart and then that's the one time use/single transaction?

Oh oops, just used it on one item.  I saved $8.59, so I have 20% left of $100-$49 ?  rounding the numbers.   

Or, is it any single transaction up to $100 and just keep shopping until 11:00 pm EST?

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 41 of 128
latest reply

It's on as many items as you want, in the cart at one time.  you can only get a $100 off so your total purchases need to be less than $500......

brian_burke@ebay

Tell  "Ebay".........thanks!!!!  appreciate the % off as both a buyer and seller!!!

Message 42 of 128
latest reply

Thanks, dh.  I'm not complaining (well, maybe a little whining) but the fine print could have been a tad clearer.  

I should have asked here first but I'm new ...

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 43 of 128
latest reply

Maybe somebody can twitter that bad boy out?

Message 44 of 128
latest reply

Geez ebay must have all kinds of our final value fees stashed away, to be able to give this much money away in one day. People are buying like crazy from big retailers selling ps4, xbox one x, etc. Just look at the front page of slickdeals dot net

People are even reporting that they can use the code multipe times, by logging out of ebay, check out as guest, and pay with the 20% off code applied to the same paypal account, and its accepting the code.

Message 45 of 128
latest reply