cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$.20 fee to revise items??

I have been a seller for years on eBay and now all the sudden I am getting 0.20 insertion fees for revising items. I am simply adjusting pricing or adding notes. Anyone else seeing this before I take the time to call Ebay customer support?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

That glitch has been reported.  Apparently it never shows up on the invoice.  

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Are you seeing it on your invoice or on the bottom of the item when you're revising?
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

The same thing happened to me this morning. I revised a shipping fee on one item and didn't notice the .20 fee until I completed the revision. I thought it happened because it was a toy. Then I tried to change a price on a clothing item, same thing. Then a car part discription revision, same thing. Something's up and I can't figure it out. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Sorry...my reply posted twice.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Wow! I hope you are mistaken somehow. This would be ludicrous. Please tell, are you doing these revisions in or out of a store? Thanks.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I do have a Ebay store. I haven’t gone back to review the invoices yet to see. Thanks for the replies.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Glitch, or BETA testing to bilk sellers even more? lol Nothing surprises me anymore with eBay.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I just tested on one of my items.  Got a message suggesting I lower the price, so figured this would be a good opportunity to do this test.  Raised the price instead, and was not charged anything for the edit.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I haven't seen it yet, but I think it is coming with the new rules. I hope not, but I am going to pull my items off if it happens.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I accidently hit a new selling fee page I don't think I was suppose to access. It is about revising bulk listings. There are going to be new seller's fees for adding new items to bulk listins. I cannot find it again, but I think it is coming.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Time for another test to see if this affects multi quantity listings when manually adjusting the quantity.

***  Nope.  Still not being charged.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I sometimes think the whole eBay system was designed by those guys who tried to invent  Chinese Morse Code.  You'l have to give that some thought to grasp that.

It's  20 cents and may just be another glitch. We all know 20 cents isn't an expressway to abject poverty. If eBay is doing this as a mater of policy I don't care, make it 50 cents. It's more important to me to clarify my listings for better buyer understanding than risk a complaint.

Don't let you buyers' expectations exceed your capabilities.  This is one of the most important lessons you need to keep in mind for success in any business. 

----------------------------

Optional reading; Useless example of my personal experience;

I sold a set of 1100 Suzuki drag race engine case for $250 plus $50 shipping. The buyer wrote back saying there were a couple of stripped out bolt holes and a broken fin on the bottom I had not even looked for. What did I do, you don't ask? I refunded all of his money and told him to keep the cases. The striped thread could easily repaired with threaded inserts and the broken fin had you bearing on performance and didn't show. It was far more important for me to maintain my reputation than the the money. 

Yeah, you might have to kiss a frog or two in life to maintain a balance of pride and humility.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@ladykathy100wrote:

I accidently hit a new selling fee page I don't think I was suppose to access. It is about revising bulk listings. There are going to be new seller's fees for adding new items to bulk listins. I cannot find it again, but I think it is coming.

Once again, this information is incorrect as you have misinterpreted the Seller Update. There will be some store fee changes and a small insertion fee increase for non-store owners, but there are no "new" fees or "bulk listing" fees.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply