cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Time Since 2003

I get a notification from USPS or ebay? stating my order was delivered to my mailbox but was a very late notification and I thought didn't I just check the mailbox for mail just a few minutes ago, and if there now is a package in my mailbox the mail was running extremely late today so I trudge back to the rural mailbox in the 100 degree heat and no package..it was 4:15 PM and said to myself if I am lucky the post office will answer my phone call and explained I received a notification of package delivery but no package in my mailbox..he asked for my address and tracking no. and replied a package was delivered today with that tracking no. but NOT to my address..it was a 3.2 ounce package also which seems light for a pkg. containing 50 wooden clothes pins..he suggested I call or text the seller in which I now have to rectify this problem..the postmaster is not allowed to give me the address the package was shipped to..although it is a local address..I could drive there and ask for my package but not allowed..

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

1st Time Since 2003

@daneiac wrote:

I get a notification from USPS or ebay? stating my order was delivered to my mailbox but was a very late notification and I thought didn't I just check the mailbox for mail just a few minutes ago, and if there now is a package in my mailbox the mail was running extremely late today so I trudge back to the rural mailbox in the 100 degree heat and no package..it was 4:15 PM and said to myself if I am lucky the post office will answer my phone call and explained I received a notification of package delivery but no package in my mailbox..he asked for my address and tracking no. and replied a package was delivered today with that tracking no. but NOT to my address..it was a 3.2 ounce package also which seems light for a pkg. containing 50 wooden clothes pins..he suggested I call or text the seller in which I now have to rectify this problem..the postmaster is not allowed to give me the address the package was shipped to..although it is a local address..I could drive there and ask for my package but not allowed..

The Post Office once they have been alerted to the incorrect delivery are supposed to have the carrier retrieve the package.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

1st Time Since 2003

that is what I was hoping..then they could return to sender and we go from there..I find it odd as to how the seller fouled up the address if they printed out a label?..I have read here on the boards about ebay being glitchy?.could the glitch have caused the address to not be quite correct when printed?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

1st Time Since 2003

@daneiac wrote:

that is what I was hoping..then they could return to sender and we go from there..I find it odd as to how the seller fouled up the address if they printed out a label?..I have read here on the boards about ebay being glitchy?.could the glitch have caused the address to not be quite correct when printed?

Now you are talking about two possible issues.......

I made an assumption that the carrier delivered it to the wrong address, now you are indicating that the seller shipped it to the wrong address. Which is it? (not sure how you would know).

In practice the only ways a seller could ship to the wrong address is if they manually wrote out the address incorrectly or you the buyer provided an incorrect address.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

1st Time Since 2003

the postmaster just said it was delivered to a local address and it was not my address..I did not ask if the name (me) was correct..Reading about all the glitches regarding printing shipping labels now has me wondering if they did manually write an address and possibly fouled up the street address since printing shipping labels was down for many..

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

1st Time Since 2003

The package seems lite because it more than likely was not even what was ordered. Just a small trinket sent to a random address in your zip code with tracking. It is now marked as delivered to satisfied eBay that it was shipped and received. If a seller does that often enough before getting caught, can make some fast cash. Can't even open an item not received, you would lose the case because it shows delivered. 

Sorry can't help any more than that, but someone else might be able too. 

What does their feedback from buyers show?

How long have they been selling?

US seller?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

1st Time Since 2003

Typically, these get resolved in a few days, when/if the recipient gives it back to their carrier.  But, yes your PO should do the legwork, they have the GPS coord where it was delivered.  

There is another possibility though.  Esp, since you mention late day.  Some carriers & some PO's like to mark them as delivered, when they load up their trucks & then some of the items at the end of the route, don't actually get delivered b/c they run out of time.  Those typically are delivered normally the next day.  Have read about that happening MANY times.   I personally have not experienced it with a pkg, but I've had it happen with my Informed Delivery a bunch of times with letters.  They aren't in the mail like they're supposed to be, but they show up the following day.  

Given that you're not even sure it's your pkg that went to the other location, I would hold out a day & see if it shows up tomorrow.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

1st Time Since 2003

I have a few wooden clothes pins and just weighed one and looks to be 10 grams ea.

X 50 = 500 grams or roughly 17 oz.which is not even close to the postmaster saying the package delivered was 3.2 ounces..looks like I am getting scammed/played

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

1st Time Since 2003

I am thankful the postmaster said he will make a note of this and go to bat for me substantiating that I never received the package..I never realized they kept such detailed records with tracking..even knew the weight 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

1st Time Since 2003

You enter the weight when you buy a label.  BTW, doesn't mean the weight is correct.   I think a scam is a longshot.  A few clothespins?  People don't scam for clothespins, what maybe a $10 item?  Scamming seems a long shot to me.  Not exactly a high scam item.  I would give it a day or so, just to be sure it wasn't pre-scanned & just not delivered yet, since that happens a lot. 

ETA:  Also helps to know if it was a sub carrier.  They tend to make a LOT of mistakes.   

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 10 of 10
latest reply