cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 days sales rule - doesn't apply to everyone?

I just watched a reputable seller on YouTube saying the 14 day sales rule doesn't seem to apply to him.  He said he was running sales right after listing an item.  I have heard this from others as well.

If this is true it is a grossly unfair business practice.

Does anyone know if this is true and how we can be added to list of sellers who can run sales before the 14 day period?

Thank you for your help with this!

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: 14 days sales rule - doesn't apply to everyone?

I find that if I run a percent sale i have to wait 14 days, but if I run a buy 1 get 1 free on my entire store I do not have to wait. Seems to depend on what kind of sale it is.
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

@vintageindiana wrote:

I just watched a reputable seller on YouTube saying the 14 day sales rule doesn't seem to apply to him.  He said he was running sales right after listing an item.  I have heard this from others as well.

If this is true it is a grossly unfair business practice.

Does anyone know if this is true and how we can be added to list of sellers who can run sales before the 14 day period?

Thank you for your help with this!

You can do a store wide order discount with no minimum purchase and select the percentage off that suits you.  Use the Create Rules box  to set categories and price ranges that you would like included in the sale.  I have not had to wait 14 days to use this type of sale.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

#MeToo

GTC listings that I put up on 10/3

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

I've seen sellers post that they got emails telling them they were exempt. no idea what the criteria is, but I agree it's not right.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Like recently? This just started to happen to me today, before today nothing went on sale until it was 14 days old.
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, 

I am happy to confirm that starting today; you can create immediate markdowns using Promotions Manager. We appreciate the feedback we received after our first announcement and we are committed to considering all input we receive from our sellers. If there are any changes made to this decision in the coming year, you’ll be informed right away.

As we move into the holidays, our biggest priority is ensuring you have an easy and successful selling season.

Thank you for selling on eBay. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a seller that does not abuse the markdown feature by putting things on perpetual sale, I appreciate this change in the rule moving into the holiday season. Will eBay add this to the announcements alan@ebay?

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

How about the banner? ????  Any change with that?  Putting it at the top?

alan@ebay

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Finally, sanity prevails! I agree, now what about that banner?

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

What banner?

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Exactly the point
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

This is fantastic news Alan!! Thank you!
Now is it possible for eBay to ANNOUNCE to the BUYERS about the new payment process we have? That would be so helpful 🙂
Terry Thayer ~

eBay ID since 2005: TxBlue49 ~

eBay Store: D's Hawg Shack
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Alan, that's great and unexpected news. Thank you! (It's worthy of an official announcement, don't you think? Not just a post here?)

Since you also say: "As we move into the holidays, our biggest priority is ensuring you have an easy and successful selling season.", may we assume that, with that priority in mind, ebay is going to return the banners to the top of listing pages as well?

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Alan, that is wonderful news! Please convey my thanks to eBay for listening to their sellers and fixing this issue.
Message 15 of 29
latest reply