cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-K Reported Numbers Do Not Match

Has anybody else recently got their 1099K from eBay and noticed that the reported numbers are doubled?

With the records I keep i had a good idea of what my gross sales would be this year. The #s that were sent on my 1099K however did not match my records or even the records on eBay own sales reports. My best guess is if you look at the first picture you'll notice how each "Box" is listed and then repeated. The Box 1a on the list 17,356.46 is the correct number. But if you look at the second picture Box 1a reports double that amount 34712.92. Who should I contact to get this corrected? Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.33.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.33.45 PM.png

Message 1 of 109
latest reply
108 REPLIES 108

Re: 1099-K Reported Numbers Do Not Match

jasmen@ebay  Hi Jasmen - shipscript has had a thread pinned to the seller board regarding the incorrect issue of 1099k's in CA - eBay are well and truly aware of the issue and have started recalling 1099k's for California.

As this issue DOUBLE figures issue is much more important and widespread, are sellers correct in hoping eBay will address this in the same way?

Do you think it would be possible to find out more info on this issue ASAP regarding double payments and pin a thread advising eBay's reply to your request fo further investigation?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 76 of 109
latest reply

They fixed mine!!!!

Checked 1099k in seller hub. Saw the Date Generated changed to "Feb 4, 2022".

ITS NOT DOUBLED ANYMORE!!!!

Message 77 of 109
latest reply

Just checked mine after seeing your post optimus, and they fixed mine as well!

Generated Date was changed to Feb 4 and the numbers are now all correct. One less thing I have to worry about. Thanks

Message 78 of 109
latest reply

Glad to hear the fixes are rolling out!

Message 79 of 109
latest reply

That is awesome! I hoping they get to mine also. I just checked mine & it not fixed yet. 😒 

Message 80 of 109
latest reply

We have at least two confirmed fixes of the 1099-K doubling issue on the doubling-specific thread.  They will need to re-issue these to the IRS as well, and most likely we'll get a new paper copy.

Message 81 of 109
latest reply

@downunder-61 All the issues including the one where numbers are doubled are all being fixed as we speak.

I'm happy to see that @optimus.prime is reporting theirs was fixed! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 82 of 109
latest reply

I received my 1099-k in the mail but the monthly payments are more than what I received through my bank account for that month. Like way more. 

Message 83 of 109
latest reply

@vomh4140 wrote:

I received my 1099-k in the mail but the monthly payments are more than what I received through my bank account for that month. Like way more. 

Like all them fees and shipping payed out less on your bank account???

the total amount minus the tax is what they will be reporting.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/ebay-form-1099k?id=4794 

Message 84 of 109
latest reply

Mine is actually a lot less. I keep a spreadsheet with the information eBay provides me in the sales report (gross/taxes/fees/net) and the numbers they sent totally don't match. Some months are more, some are less. The end result is a 32% difference! 

Message 85 of 109
latest reply

Yes my numbers are jacked. Way to go EBay. Maybe take some of the ignorant monitoring of listings and focus on what is going to be a nightmare for taxpayers.

Message 86 of 109
latest reply

@ivyagogo wrote:

Mine is actually a lot less. I keep a spreadsheet with the information eBay provides me in the sales report (gross/taxes/fees/net) and the numbers they sent totally don't match. Some months are more, some are less. The end result is a 32% difference! 

That is a problem if true.

It should be the total amount received, minus the tax collected by eBay for the correct amount.

Such is found on the order details page. That would be the gross.

This is going to get very interesting it seems.

Message 87 of 109
latest reply

Ebay and other processors report on 1099k gross transactions not gross sales. Gross transactions are all transactions before any fees and taxes were taken out (it includes refunds credits etc). Gross sales are sales before taxes and fees are taken out (doesn’t include refunds, credits).

Message 88 of 109
latest reply

@partfinds wrote:

Ebay and other processors report on 1099k gross transactions not gross sales. Gross transactions are all transactions before any fees and taxes were taken out (it includes refunds credits etc). Gross sales are sales before taxes and fees are taken out (doesn’t include refunds, credits).

Any tax collected by eBay and SENT to were it goes will not be included in the 1099.

eBay is the merchant of record of those.

" Starting Jan 1, 2022, a Form 1099-K includes your total sales amount for all your selling transactions for the year, if your total sales are $600 or more.

Taxes that eBay collects from your buyers are not reported on the Form 1099-K. Also not included are adjustments for:

Selling fees paid to eBay
Any refunds
Sales tax collected by you

The reported amount on your Form 1099-K is different from the sum total of payments you received from eBay (which may include the adjustments listed above). We encourage you to contact a tax professional if you have any tax questions."

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/2022-changes-to-ebay-and-your-1099-k.html#... 

Message 89 of 109
latest reply

I didnt have a problem of DOUBLED on my 1099K.... my Jan, Feb and part of March sales are not on my 1009k or the financial statements. Furthemore. There are 6 months where there is a discrepancy from the financial statements to the 1099K.  All in all Ive spent 3 days trying to get this figured out and the information ebay provided was just WRONG. What a HOT MESS - so unhappy right now!

Message 90 of 109
latest reply