cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Service Question

If I offer , say, an expensive book  with a choice of shipping services: media mail and priority, and the buyer chooses (and pays for) media mail, but I want to delight my buyer, so I want to actually send it Priority Mail (at no extra cost to the buyer), will that now be prohibited? 

I have done this sort of thing in the past, and buyers usually appreciate it. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

If I offer , say, an expensive book  with a choice of shipping services: media mail and priority, and the buyer chooses (and pays for) media mail, but I want to delight my buyer, so I want to actually send it Priority Mail (at no extra cost to the buyer), will that now be prohibited? 

I have done this sort of thing in the past, and buyers usually appreciate it. 

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques

Upgrading shipping service is not prohibited and in fact, you are welcome to upgrade your shipping service option as it offers better buyer experience.  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ok, thanks.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for asking this, I started listing almost everything as economy shipping since I can't control the speed of the mailman.  I generally ship priority even though my buyer sees economy (slow).   They are usually thrilled when the shipping was quicker than they expected.   

After reading through I wasn't sure if that upgrade was going to be prohibited either!    

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@noodlevette wrote:

Thanks for asking this, I started listing almost everything as economy shipping since I can't control the speed of the mailman.  I generally ship priority even though my buyer sees economy (slow).   They are usually thrilled when the shipping was quicker than they expected.   

After reading through I wasn't sure if that upgrade was going to be prohibited either!    

@noodlevette

Upgrading shipping service options is always good for buyer experience. So there is no problem with upgrading your shipping service option.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks. It seems to work better for me to exceed expectations, and this method has been working for me.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I'm curious, why not simply not offer a choice but only Priority Mail?  Frankly, if I were your buyer and paid for PM but later found out that if I had paid for MM you would have upgraded it PM for free, I'd probably, scratch that, I would be annoyed.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@7606dennis wrote:

I'm curious, why not simply not offer a choice but only Priority Mail?  Frankly, if I were your buyer and paid for PM but later found out that if I had paid for MM you would have upgraded it PM for free, I'd probably, scratch that, I would be annoyed.

True as there certainly are some buyers out there that can not take responsibility for their own actions / decisions.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 8 of 8
latest reply