cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the sale contact/requests?

I see there is a metric for after sale requests.  I am very concerned about this because I sell personalized items and ebay does not have a clearly marked space for the buyer to put this information.  Seasoned buyers know to leave a "note to seller" but newer buyers do not.  I get lots of "I didn't see anywhere to put the name I'd like added" messages where they are sending me the personalization information.  Is this going to count against me and reduce my visibility?  I think one of the big selling points of my items is the FREE personalization I offer when local embroidery shops charge $15 and up just for the personalization and I would hate to have to quit offering it out of concern for my metrics as I think it does bring buyers to ebay.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@southernbelleboutique

With this tool, you will be able to identify transactions that are causing item not as described returns. If it is related to personalization, you may want to update your listing and custom order instructions or proactively communicate with your customers.

To improve your search visibility, check out a few other ways to stand out including keeping the not as described requests low and other features of your listing HERE.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@southernbelleboutique-after sale requests refers to return requests, like item not as described claims. It does not refer to M2M messaging working out the details of your personalized items.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@southernbelleboutique-after sale requests refers to return requests, like item not as described claims. It does not refer to M2M messaging working out the details of your personalized items.

I don't believe that for a minute.

And as far as "or proactively communicate with your customers.", if done prior to payment, could get you a nastygram.

@rr15-26  I do not have a NAD returns problem and have never once had a complaint about the personalization on my items.  You misunderstood my question.  My question was will communicating with my buyer after the sale to work out details for their personalization affect my search placement under the new rules about after the sale communications? 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@southernbelleboutique wrote:

@rr15-26  I do not have a NAD returns problem and have never once had a complaint about the personalization on my items.  You misunderstood my question.  My question was will communicating with my buyer after the sale to work out details for their personalization affect my search placement under the new rules about after the sale communications? 

@southernbelleboutique

Thank you for clarification. Search placements are not impacted by new rules about after sale communication.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply