cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to my stores categories?

All 3 of my stores no longer display all the categories that I had set up. All I see is 'Category', and 'All'(both not clickable). Is this something permanent or a server glitch?

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What happened to my stores categories?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @popch3 @mr_lincoln @rwade1947 @lotzofuniquegoodies @lvnvdolls @myhomeschooldelights @spread-the-luv-greetings! @sjb-associates @kayleighbugbooks,

When viewing your stores today, I am showing that all store categories are present again. Would you mind checking on your side, and let me know if it's still an issue?

Thank you all for your patience while we work on this, I know this is important to your businesses!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 26 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @popch3,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear your store categories aren't showing.

I can see them missing on your store, however it does show the existing store categories in the description of your items, so they still appear to exist (which is good).

What I'd like you to do is to try to toggle the store categories off and back on:

1. Go to https://www.ebay.com/sh/str/edit
  2. At the bottom of the page, under Category Preference, select eBay Categories
  3. Click the blue 'Publish' button
  4. Repeat the above steps, instead selecting Store Categories this time

Let me know if that helps, and we can go from there!

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

Thanks for the fast response. No, didn't work. when selecting the 'ebay categories' it did change to ebay categories, but when selecting 'store categories', it goes back to the way it was before I tried this.

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

@Anonymous 

This is affecting a lot of sellers - see thread on technical issues board.  Store categories are completely gone from store home page, although still showing on listing pages.  Started 8/5.  I tried the fix you suggested and it did NOT work for me.  Please help asap.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

Right now my store is set to 'store categories', when I click 'preview draft', it does not show my categories.

This is also happening to my other two stores, PopCultureHeaven.com and PopCultureHeaven.com II.

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

Ah, just as I thought...eBay server issue...I'll check back tomorrow...hopefully fixed by then...cross fingers!

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

@Anonymous, @popch3   eBay rolled out a new Store category arrangement.  I got notification last week and checked it out.  At the time it was okay, have not checked since BUT, it is highly possible eBay needs to tweak their programming so the change they made actually works ...

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 39
latest reply

thanks for the update...signing off, will check back tomorrow.

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

We have the same issue, store categories have disappeared

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

We have the same issue, no store categories, 

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @popch3@myhomeschooldelights@spread-the-luv-greetings!@mr_lincoln,

Thanks for the updates.

It looks like since my last reply this has been escalated to our technicians as a site issue. The cause is still being investigated right now, so I don't know a timeframe for a fix at this point, but I have sent all of your accounts over to make sure they're addressed.

I apologize for the inconvenience this causes in the mean time.

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

@Anonymous 

THANK YOU - at least we now understand this to be a glitch and not an intentional change.  That would have been a disastrous decision if intentional.  Afterall, we pay store subscriptions that include 300 categories in order to arrange our products in a way that buyers can find them when shopping inside our stores.  It's what make eBay Stores successful.  To remove that benefit would result in very poor buyer experience and a huge dip in sales and revenue for eBay.  This is a sitewide eBay Store error so hopefully it is pushed to the top of the line for correction.  Thank you again for replying here.

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

"...it is highly possible eBay needs to tweak their programming programmers.."

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if ebay has internal saboteurs/pranksters... so many problems?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 13 of 39
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @popch3@myhomeschooldelights@spread-the-luv-greetings!@mr_lincoln,

Thanks for the updates.

It looks like since my last reply this has been escalated to our technicians as a site issue. The cause is still being investigated right now, so I don't know a timeframe for a fix at this point, but I have sent all of your accounts over to make sure they're addressed.

I apologize for the inconvenience this causes in the mean time.

One more for the collection John. @lotzofuniquegoodies 

The bigger concern is that current stream of "glitches" are difficult for the average seller and buyer to find or understand why they are happening. In a buyers case they just end up going elsewhere. Lost business is not something sellers desire. In a sellers case, lots of work when something could be just an eBay work in progress.

Are there any thoughts of displaying these issues on the eBay's status page(s)? In routinely checking, there are rarely(almost never) any posted official updates.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

All of my store categories are gone too, except for "All" and "Other."  This is very inconvenient.

Message 15 of 39
latest reply