cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Link in Listing

Anyone else having issues creating a URL for a video to be uploaded to eBay? I've always used flippertools or isdntek to create the link from YouTube but neither are working.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Video Link in Listing

@comesaleawaywithwendy

The code is standard and works fine for me on desktop. If you are also on desktop, I think there may be some setting in your browser that is blocking the script that generates the video code. Start by clearing your browser cache. If that fails to solve the problem, turn off your browser add-ons. If that worked, then turn them back on one by one to see which is interfering.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Never heard of those tools nor will I click on the links but if you uploaded to YouTube why would you not use the URL provided by that platform? 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@comesaleawaywithwendy 

I can help you with the isdntek tool (flippertools lifted much of the isdntek code, so theirs will be similar).

The different eBay listing tools will handle the  "picture link" differently in the description, so it is important to know which listing tool you use.  And the link will perform differently on desktop vs mobile.

Since you are a longtime member, I will assume you had been using the legacy "Business" listing tool. If you migrated to the new Unified listing form, you will need to insert the "editable" code that was designed for eBay's Quick Lister because the Quick Lister and Unified Lister will strip stylesheets and some HTML attributes, so the "editable" version hard codes some of the styles.

Can you describe your issue?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@coastaltechsolution 

Here is the direct link to the YouTube converter tool (yes, it is safe to click, since eBay had it posted on their own website as a migration tool):

https://www.isdntek.com/tagbot/YouTubeConverter.htm

eBay does not allow the codes that YouTube creates, but they do allow a direct link. The reason people use this tool, rather than a simple text URL, is because it comes with a preview image and looks just like the YouTube video preview that people are accustomed to seeing, so they more readily know to click the video. Grab a YouTube video and insert its URL into the tool to see the image that is created.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@shipscript I am using the business lining tool in eBay and have previously inserted a converted link created by the isdntek tool without a problem. My problem is with the tool itself. I paste the link from YouTube into the tool and hit "make eBay code" and it does nothing. When I try Flipper Tools I get "There was an error parsing the URL". So frustrating as I was using it without issues previously and now I have not been able to get a video to convert in almost 2 weeks. Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@comesaleawaywithwendy 

Can you provide the YouTube URL that is not working for you?

If both tools are unable to parse the URL, then it sounds like YouTube changed something.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@shipscript This is one of the links that will not work. I have tried other recently uploaded videos as well but those won't work either. https://youtu.be/fht4kDeZeEQ Thanks!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@comesaleawaywithwendy

The code is standard and works fine for me on desktop. If you are also on desktop, I think there may be some setting in your browser that is blocking the script that generates the video code. Start by clearing your browser cache. If that fails to solve the problem, turn off your browser add-ons. If that worked, then turn them back on one by one to see which is interfering.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@shipscript Thank you so much! Clearing the cache worked! I had previously cleared browsing history but that alone didn't work. I appreciate your help!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I think something changed on youtube. I've try isdntek on a few different computers and it doesn't give me code anymore. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@agartajewelry 

YouTube did change the format for their link. Can you post it here so I can take a look?

To get around that problem, post just the video number into the isdntek tool to create a new link for eBay.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Here is my youtube video link  :

https://youtube.com/shorts/cPpEEkUeaRU

Can you please check?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Oh! when i just paste the video number into isdntek it works!! Thanks a lot

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@agartajewelry 

That new URL has just been added to the tool's repertoire, so it should now work if you refresh the tool.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply