cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Information

I don't want to give e bay my SS information. I never had a problem before but now I am restricted and can not post any items for sale.  any suggestions ?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Personal Information

You'll have to make a decision. If you want to sell on eBay - you have to comport with the terms & conditions. No way around that. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Personal Information

Laws have been enacted where all online platforms must report all sales totally over $600. In order to do this, they must have a seller's SS#. Period. There is no other option if you want to sell items online. It's the law moving forward. You can still use Facebook marketplace or such types of platforms. Best of luck to you....

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Personal Information

Best suggestion is to give them the required info.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Personal Information

It is not eBay requiring the information. It is a new federal law taking effect this year that requires eBay and others to report what you make ($600 or more) to the Federal government based on your tax ID (SSN for you).  Other companies who help you sell and take payments for you will also need your SSN.

"Any suggestions?"

1. Give eBay the information it needs so you can start selling again.

2. Keep records for all eBay related sales and expenses so you have information needed to file your taxes. Get tax assistance if necessary. Tax assistance, shipping, item cost, shipping supplies, travel expenses, home office and other expenses can most likely be deducted from your total sales reported by eBay.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Personal Information

@wil7846 

To be paid, you have to provide a checking account and the last 4 of your SSN.

When you reach $600 or close to it, they'll require the full SSN so they can issue a 1099-K next year, if needed.

If you don't want to provide your SSN, you won't have any choice but find another place to sell.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 6
latest reply