cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Listing Format

Tried the new listing format.  Hate it.  How do I get back to original format?

Message 1 of 124
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Old Listing Format

@lefty10 wrote:

Hi @lefty10! Sorry to hear you're not liking the new listing flow. If you click the three vertical dots towards the upper right corner of the listing form, you'll see the option to switch back to the classic view,

Velvet,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

Old Listing Format

@lefty10 wrote:

Hi @lefty10! Sorry to hear you're not liking the new listing flow. If you click the three vertical dots towards the upper right corner of the listing form, you'll see the option to switch back to the classic view,

Velvet,
eBay
Message 2 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

Thanks, Velvet!  Made the switch.

Message 3 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

Also not a fan of the new listing UI. Waaaay too many clicks to do anything. And you can't see all of your listing specifics at once (death by pop-overs). Glad there was a way to go back.

Message 4 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

I'm not seeing that option to go back. All I see are "Feedback" and "Latest Update". 

There used to be a third option to 'Go back to classic view'. But now that has been removed. 

Message 5 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

The ability to "go back" is only temporary. eBay intends to gradually move everyone to the new listing tool.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 6 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

Oh my gosh this new listing tool is THE WORST change ebay has done ever. 300% increase in clicks? Do they want us to slow down the listing? Three clicks to change the brand? This is absurdity

Message 7 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

Yes I find that the new format takes twice the amount of time to do a listing than the old one as you have to open ever page twice and close for race section

Message 8 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

Am I the only one that likes the new listing tool?

Message 9 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

@powell-memorabilia 

These threads mostly draw complaints. Sellers who are happy with the tool usually aren't drawn to complaint threads. So, you are probably in the majority who don't have an issue with the new tool.

I do agree with the power users who want to see the entire field at once without having to open all sorts of windows, which would be very time consuming.  I guess the solution for bulk sellers is to move to eBay's spreadsheet uploader to significantly improve listing speed.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 10 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

Wait until you try to revise a listing with an existing UPC with pre-filled specifics. It is impossible to remove unless you change the item category to something entirely unrelated. Oh, not that big a deal? Try doing it hundreds of more times. 

Or maybe your description box font keeps defaulting to Times New Roman? Good luck trying to change it back to a Sans Serif font. 

Message 11 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

I am not a bulk seller, but I am putting up only 10 listings in the time it would take me to list 20. 

Ever play a video game where the game takes away all control from the player? Even 1 or 2 of those situations, if severe or repetitive enough, is enough to send that game into the trashpile for many players. 

Now imagine the frustration when eBay's listing tool DELETES whatever you are typing in a text box only to have to type it AGAIN. This is especially prevalent in the shipping cost section, where you have to play Cup and Ball games with free/calculated shipping. 

Message 12 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

I made the switch back to Classic View.  The new version's software will not work on older, more stable browsers like Firefox 56.  The latest version of MS Edge had some errors going into pages.  When I switched back to Classic, the phrase "The switch will enable you to use the classic tool from now on till you are ready to use the new tool again"----I won't be ready anytime soon, at all, unfortunately.  Please don't force the new way; rather maybe, scrap it all together.

The biggest problem is quite simple----why is there some form of thinking to program code so that users have to click something for there to suddenly have the entire page blacken out with something else to click, from which it returns to the original page-----as a bulk editor?  For example, say I have 10 sale pages that I want to change a schedule date:  The Classic way, I go from one to the other, change the time and move on.  The new way I have to go through a single blackened out screen, look at a calendar, find the date, click the date as if it were a hotel reservation, wait for the screen to return, go to "Revise It" (and why does it even say "Revise It"?  How about "Submit"), and then to do that 9 more times, already 15 minutes have passed.  TOO TIME CONSUMING.

Sorry for the Elon Musk-style criticism, but it is quite obvious.  We are selling, thus we require the least amount of time so that we can make the most cash for all of us.  Imagine if a thinkorswim or a Bloomberg Terminal came up with this type of update.  The users would go berserk, me included.  Thanks.

Message 13 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

So, you are probably in the majority who don't have an issue with the new tool.

Likely a "Test" reply.

Message 14 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

I'm having a hard time with it, just started today. Going to try to switch back, but in the meantime, where is the Best Offer field?

Message 15 of 124
latest reply