cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listing Tool Sucks

My listing tool changed overnight and the new one is just terrible.  Take 5x longer to create a listing 

For some reason all my listings now default to Buy it now and $35 USPS Priority Shipping with Signature Required and USPS Priority International shipping.  Takes 5-10min to create a listing now that I have to edit everything

I went form creating 20-30 listings in an hour to zero because of the frustration 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

New Listing Tool Sucks

I have noticed that my Custom label SKUs are not sticking to the templates.  It keeps disappearing.  I depend on the sku to be able to find my items .  It will be a pain to manually enter the SKU every time I create a listing..

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

Welcome aboard to the new ebay unified listing experience!

Hopefully another round of inductee feedback will further support the fact that this tool is terrible and needs redesigned pronto to give us a good reliable and efficient listing experience on a desktop- NOT A MOBILE PHONE

It is almost funny to see when they force another batch of sellers in and the boards light up with the exact same complaints as a year ago------shows that its not us ebay- its the bad unified design that sucks on a desktop! 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

The new listing tool, for both single listings and multiple listings, must be thrown out, and the older one brought back ASAP.  No reason to not leave the older one on the server and charge sellers $5.00 a month to 1) use that instead, and 2) keep previously sold items accessible to sellers for 6 months to 1 year, rather than 90 days (when I get the same item to re-post in 91 days, forcing me to rewrite the ad again).  Just trying to help both sides here.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

With that model- they should charge the $5 for the "new and improved tool" lol- of course there would be no review

I completely agree with the 90 days thing- on a platform like this research is 85% of the game and limiting to 90 days has been terrible

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

Thank you for your comments. My concern is why do eBay Sellers not complain and call eBay via land-line telephone or cell and complain about their horrible listing tool that they have created. If the eBay community unites and complains that they will leave eBay and go to another venue if the old listing tools is not brought back, then maybe they will listen. If hundreds of sellers complain via telephone to the eBay Management, I think that they may change their position. When you call eBay ask the representative that you want to speak to management. Do not settle for the clap-trap jargon from the lower echelon representatives. Amazon and other platforms would love to have eBay sellers that can no longer tolerate the crap that eBay forces on their sellers. UNITE and COMPLAIN LOUDLY otherwise suffer the consequences. The Omni Media of this country thinks that they can override and manipulate the wishes of the people that use their platforms. What has happened to the old slogan "that the customer is always right"? If you believe that the new listing tool is bad then voice your opinion by contacting eBay via their HELP & CONTACT button on the top of the Seller Hub page.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

wrong post..

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

just got a call from my mother yesterday....."what is wrong with my ebay" she said.   the shipping section is annoying and takes so long to click and add options.  "did i do something wrong" she asked, " the whole screen looks like a phone now but it does not work well and its confusing and it makes no logical sense"

I said- welcome to the new listing tool mom-lol.......

she said that this is ridiculous!

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

I'm sick of the new listing tool too. I'm sick and tired of ebay changing things up for the worse. I pulled all my auctions and will be back jan 2023. I urge anyone else as dissatisfied as I am to do the same. maybe then ebat will listen. The very least they could have done is have a "classic" option.

Mickey C

aka Juker01

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

Unfortunately, but the looks of the 3rd quarter business results, many many sheets have good the route you have... To just quit for now. That is what happens when eBay makes unnecessary changes that disrupt sales and make it more frustrating to list new products. Every other platform makes listing simple and easy-eBay took a great classic listing tool and make it more confusing, disjointed, and frustrating to use. And it takes at best 2x-3x longer to make a new listing than b4....... Really?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

Add me to the list, just called eBay support. The cut and paste function which is fundamental to word creation, isn't working on the new listing tool! You have to try a few times, then the pasted text is corrupted! The new listing tool looks like a phone app! Hey, I'm on a desk top! Why did they do this?

Item specific is even worse than before! With sales tanking since May 2022 you would think

they at eBay would do as little as possible to disrupt the coming holiday sales! BUT NO!

They continue to destroy sales! There are 50 plus pages about the May sales drop on the blogs! That's

when eBay kicked off the bots! Since that stupid move sales are in the toilet! The gal on the

phone said, she is going to put a ticket in to the tech department, and would let the higher

ups know about our concerns! Thanks! - I think?

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

I've been selling on Ebay since the late 90s. I give up, they've made a mess of what was a decent and simple system. If you want us back, give us the option of the old system. Bye bye.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

Realistically they will never give us back the classic tool........it worked too well lol...... but seriously they have invested in this new code that they will not give up on......

The code is not stable, overly glitchy, and does not integrate with legacy code well- perhaps that will get better over time.

The biggest issue that ebay is facing with this new system is its overly "mobile" functionality and feel and look.  It removes all the advantages of using a desktop and forces full time professional sellers to run their businesses on phone apps..... Huge mistake that I think they are finally realizing!

The User interface takes the simplest tasks and makes them require 2 or 3 extra clicks into popup boxes, not to mention that this design actually hides everything from view so listers are forced to hunt and look for features that they know should be there- but they just cant find them.    All these things waste our time and frustrate us.    

Its been nearly 2 years with this unified listing tool and many changes have been made so I think they have heard us- but it takes time to go from the absolute worst tool design ever to something that is usable to something that we would want to use to something is is an advantage to use.        That is why it took years to develop the classic tool and why it should never have been so abruptly dismissed.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

It is now 2023 and nothing on ebay is better and listing items is still a nightmare. Thinking back to how quick and easy it was too  list items to sell on ebay and to actually sell them. The only reason that many of us have zero views on numerous items that should easily sell is that people have a difficult time locating your items that you are selling. I am now down to a couple of items.  I guess ebay wants me to buy advertising for my items and I will not spend more money for something that most likely won't sell anyway.

btw, I actually did some research on ebay using their search function. I can easily see where the listing forms are a disaster, so is their search.  Searching for wood checker pieces kept bringing up pieces of china. I give up!

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

New Listing Tool Sucks

I agree! The search is the number 1 issue that eBay faces but can't or won't address for some reason. It's just plain awful and irrelevant. It's literally broken beyond compare. It all started when they wanted to build a catalog and started forcing item specifics. It has been the absolute downfall of the search engine. With every update and category change it gets worse and worse. They started down the wrong path and are riding it to the end....... It just did not work. If google can and does find dead accurate results...... Meaning actually active eBay listings when you search...... Why can't eBay show the same accurate results on their own website... It is just an embarrassment at this point.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply