cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoDaddy retiring online bookkeeping

Just got the following email from GoDaddy.  Of course, that is the service I use.  I hate change.

Online Bookkeeping will retire in 30 days.

After much consideration, we've made the decision to discontinue Online Bookkeeping on June 18, 2022. At that time, the Online Bookkeeping tool will stop importing transactions from your connected channels and your existing data will be archived. To provide you with the best possible experience going forward, we've partnered with Intuit to offer you a special discount on QuickBooks Online.

You have until September 30 to download your Online Bookkeeping content. You can either move your data to QuickBooks using our migration tool or export your .csv file and import it to another accounting platform. You'll receive a prorated return for any time remaining on your term.

We appreciate your business and are here to help make your transition as smooth as possible.

Anyone have experience with QuickBooks, good or bad?

Message 1 of 221
latest reply
220 REPLIES 220

Bummer; but the writing is on the wall for GoDaddy. Last year, I had to 'pay' microsoft an annual fee to have my emails for the once 'free email' that I had with my website. 

I only hope they don't drop the 'quick cart' as that IS my website. 

Good thing for me, I always have done my own books for the past 12 years. 

Message 2 of 221
latest reply

That sucks, used Godaddy for the last three years, was reasonably priced and did what I needed. Quickbooks is probably the superior software though, and I know Ebay recently partnered with them where you can sync all your data with them like you can with godaddy, although quickbooks is a little bit more expensive than godaddy. 

Message 3 of 221
latest reply

Just another clarion example of how capitalism inevitably leads to monopoly.

Message 4 of 221
latest reply

Now is a great time to learn Excel.  It never leaves, doesn't change much and it lets you decide how you want to keep your data and what you think is important to keep.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 5 of 221
latest reply

Anyone know anything about getting refunded? We literally just paid our yearly renewal for GoDaddy

Message 6 of 221
latest reply

Ugh.........it was so worry free........

Message 7 of 221
latest reply

If you switch to QuickBooks use the subscriptions on the QuickBooks website, it is cheaper than the special deal GoDaddy said they got for us. 

Message 8 of 221
latest reply

probably get refunded by contacting the godaddy support

Message 9 of 221
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

Now is a great time to learn Excel.  It never leaves, doesn't change much and it lets you decide how you want to keep your data and what you think is important to keep.

Excel doesn't produce reports and downloads for taxes and expense tracking, though. Godaddy saved a lot of time and hassle.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 221
latest reply

I checked the Quickbooks site and it has an intro at $12/month but for three months, the Intuit link has intro of $15/mo for a year. 

@thereturners   If you read their email it states "You'll receive a prorated return for any time remaining on your term. " 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 221
latest reply

I just called GoDaddy, they said they discontinued it because they did not have enough customers. I am on the phone with Quickbooks right now to try to get into a reasonably priced plan.

Message 12 of 221
latest reply

Everything is just right online, on their site.  Not sure why anyone needs to call?  (honest question).

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 221
latest reply

oh dear!  thanks for the heads up.  I need to check that too.

Message 14 of 221
latest reply

Just wanted to point out while that is true, However  Quickbooks discount of 50% only lasts 3 months, whereas Godaddy's discount of 40% lasts a year. 

Message 15 of 221
latest reply