cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileExchange bulk end upload not working - '

Hi there, I'm trying to end some items on bulk, but keep getting the error 'Abandoned Job: invalid line' when I upload the .csv file below via file exchange. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: FileExchange bulk end upload not working - '

@r129co

You Action column swhould be the first column. Additionally, for members outside of the US, you should use a complete Action statement (heading).

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Thanks. What is a complete action statement? I can't find any info on that.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

For the UK, try...

Action(SiteID=UK|Country=UK|Currency=GBP|Version=745)

See pages 59 thru 65 of the Advanced Instructions for the source of the above - https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/aw/pics/pdf/us/file_exchange/File_Exchange_Advanced_Instructions....

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

How/where should this complete action statement heading be presented on a csv?
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

The

Action heading should always be in cell a1.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Sorry but I am not following you. Should my .csv file look like this:

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 10.27.13.png

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Looks ok. I would switch column b and c. But that is purely cosmetic to my views. It should work as you have it.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

It failed. Report attached..

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 12.33.41.png

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@mypaymentstest  May be able to see what I can not.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@r129co wrote:

It failed. Report attached..

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 12.33.41.png

@r129co - Thank you for posting your File Exchange concern. I'm sorry that you are getting the "Abandon Job" error.

Your file that you uploaded is a little unique. Our system is reading extra lines of data that isn't easily seen by us humans.

My recommendation for you is to copy the header and value from your file and paste it into a "Notepad". From there, open a new Excel worksheet, copy the data from the notepad, and paste it back into a new worksheet. Save the file as a CSV file and then re-upload the file.

Please try this and report back if you are still getting an error.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I followed the advice to a t and still get the error.

Link to the source file and error report is here.

Please advise. Thank you.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@r129co wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I followed the advice to a t and still get the error.

Link to the source file and error report is here.

Please advise. Thank you.

@r129co - I'm sorry that you are still having this issue. I did see that your file that you uploaded has more lines of action than intended. I downloaded your file and used the steps provided you previously and I was able to upload a successful file through my account to see if the number of action matches up with your file.

When I get this response that the steps didn't work, I go back to my experience when I try the workaround. I forget to re-copy the information within the notepad to paste it back into a new spreadsheet.

Please try the steps again as I have done the successful workaround:

1. Copy only the lines of information that you have in your file, including the header: 105 lines.

2. Open a Notepad file.

3. Paste the copy data from the CSV file into the Notepad file.

4. Open a new Excel spreadsheet.

5. Copy the information (minus the extra line break. Make sure to not copy an empty line).

6. Paste the copy information from the notepad and paste it on cell A1.

7. Save the file as a CSV.

8. Upload the new file.

Please continue to keep us updated on your situation.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Sorry, this didn't work again. Please can you send me the correct file that worked for you.

That would make the most sense. Thanks

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I have emailed you a copy of the file I used. It's your most recent upload attempt.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply