cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draft listings disappearing

My draft count went down by around 10 after I saved a new draft. It looks like some drafts, which were created a couple of weeks ago, have been deleted.

Spoke to eBay support. They said it's a known technical issue which is "being looked into".

Are other sellers having this problem today?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Draft listings disappearing

Yes. Lost 67 drafts last night. 

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Yep I just lost a bunch of drafts as well

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

A few older drafts are getting deleted every time I make a new one. eBay support said to stop creating drafts until it's fixed, as they can't guarantee the missing drafts will be restored.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Yeah definitely don't count on them being restored. They deleted 150 listings that were active from my account once and they said it was a technical glitch and they had no way to get back any of the data. Had to even rephotograph everything.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

We lost ~25-30ish drafts this am! Happy to see we are not alone though its very unfortunate nonetheless.
We only keep our drafts for a week or two max so definitely wasnt an age issue. I had just went thru my list of drafts and pictured it all too so I could clear them out!

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

The bigger problem is I don't know what items have been deleted. If they aren't restored I'll have to go through all inventory checking if things are listed.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Lost 90+ listingsNight of Jan 8 into the very early morning of Jan 9. That is hundreds of labor dollars lost to a personal listing assistant I was paying at my home to help me. Very, very very frustrated. Ebay should credit all of seller effected with at the very minimum a free months store credit ,if not two months, as that is about the time I will lose in dollars because of their inability to consider how important the draft process is to the professional lister who uses ebay's listing tools and not third party listing tools.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Yep! Happened to me Sunday night 1/8/23. I had 30 new drafts, listed about half of them and the rest disappeared. Called it in to eBay and they said they had “a report” that is was an issue. They put me on a list to have tech dept look in to. Now I’m afraid to use drafts! I’ve never had this happen but have heard they like to do software updates on Sundays. 

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

This is very frustrating. I did talk to a rep today and was told that they are looking into it and made a report. I too lost many hours of work. Today, I was working in small batches and noticed that each time I listed 5 items,  6 items were subtracted from my drafts. This means I lost 1 listing each time! Stopped after I lost 2 items. Now I have to try to figure out which ones were lost? Pain in the ***!

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I'm in the same boat.  I've lost at least 60 drafts some time in the last few days. Super annoying. 

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I lost drafts last night, and tonight. Incredibly frustrating. I also contacted eBay about this, and filed a report.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Still happening. Still no update from eBay.

I left a tab open on my drafts to see what was disappearing. Interestingly, if I click 'resume draft' on a since-deleted draft, I can view the draft with its photos and save it again. Of course, in doing so further drafts disappear. But this gives me a sliver of hope that the missing drafts are still stored somewhere in eBay's belly.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Any update on this?

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@shafay-38 wrote:

Any update on this?

@bjonestown 

@shafay-38 

There is an open ticket to have this resolved and it is under ALERT 14187 on the technical forum:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ongoing-technical-issues/m-p/32866800

When contacting customer support to resolve this issue, mention ALERT 14187.

Don't create any more drafts until the problem is solved.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 15 of 20
latest reply