cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Drafts on 8 Jan 2023 Lost about 90 Drafts

Over about one hour I just lost about 90 Drafts  I was working on.  They just started disappearing in chunks. I am using Safari on an Apple computer, iPad app and iPhone app. All systems are current. This **bleep** me off and is very frustrating.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Now I am going to give an update. I gave a call to ebay the next morning when they opened. I gave myself 4 days after the conversation to think about what I am going to say as I am very angry at ebay right now. I just spent hundreds of dollars on a helper to create over a hundred drafts and have lost all of them. They were not old, but within the past 2 weeks. I am am a power seller with an anchor store. Ebay needs to respect the small business seller here. Drafts should be treated like live listings in the ebay's eyes, as this is their next paycheck and profitability for the shareholder waiting to become a profit reality. I cannot believe the run around this company and lack of any real response I have received in this matter. After selling on ebay since 1998, I would think at the very least, monetary compensation for my loss and others, and a personal apology from an executive at ebay (by phone call) is probably asking too much, even though the small seller like me is the lifeblood of this company. I do not plan to leave the platform, or anything drastic, but I do do expect my voice to be heard loudly and clearly and acknowledged in a very real way. I am a very active member on all social media. I have used their platform on dozens of devices throughout the last 25 years. I know ebay, for all of its good and bad faults. I am a seller, a shareholder, a buyer and believe in the company, even through it has wronged me several times as a seller and a buyer throughout the years. No solution to this problem has come back to me from ebay and no response at all to my very long call with the customer service rep, whom was nice, but was just towing the company line, and I knew that the company would never follow up with me in any real way, because, after all I am just another replaceable seller in their modular system. That said, I still want a response and compensation for real money and time lost, and I am sure I am not alone in this thought. You can find Gnubay on all social media. Feel free to message me there. -Whit Brower, Owner Gnubay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I just lost 67! Was updating in bulk and then pressed save for later! These were all just started on the Jan 7th and Jan 8th so they were not old drafts. I am using laptop. No issues with wifi, just 67 gone! Time lost was 12:45 am (eastern time). 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I just lost approximately 60 of my listings saved in drafts with the exception of 5.  No issues with computer or wifi - time lost was around 9:45pm (Eastern Time).  Very frustrating since these are items that I have been working on for the past 2 days and saving them individually.  Why isn't there a recovery option - or if there is one, what are the steps? 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Now I am going to give an update. I gave a call to ebay the next morning when they opened. I gave myself 4 days after the conversation to think about what I am going to say as I am very angry at ebay right now. I just spent hundreds of dollars on a helper to create over a hundred drafts and have lost all of them. They were not old, but within the past 2 weeks. I am am a power seller with an anchor store. Ebay needs to respect the small business seller here. Drafts should be treated like live listings in the ebay's eyes, as this is their next paycheck and profitability for the shareholder waiting to become a profit reality. I cannot believe the run around this company and lack of any real response I have received in this matter. After selling on ebay since 1998, I would think at the very least, monetary compensation for my loss and others, and a personal apology from an executive at ebay (by phone call) is probably asking too much, even though the small seller like me is the lifeblood of this company. I do not plan to leave the platform, or anything drastic, but I do do expect my voice to be heard loudly and clearly and acknowledged in a very real way. I am a very active member on all social media. I have used their platform on dozens of devices throughout the last 25 years. I know ebay, for all of its good and bad faults. I am a seller, a shareholder, a buyer and believe in the company, even through it has wronged me several times as a seller and a buyer throughout the years. No solution to this problem has come back to me from ebay and no response at all to my very long call with the customer service rep, whom was nice, but was just towing the company line, and I knew that the company would never follow up with me in any real way, because, after all I am just another replaceable seller in their modular system. That said, I still want a response and compensation for real money and time lost, and I am sure I am not alone in this thought. You can find Gnubay on all social media. Feel free to message me there. -Whit Brower, Owner Gnubay

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Less than a year ago eBay deleted like a 150 of my live listings and all the data was completely erased from the servers. They admitted it was a technical issue that had happened to others and said there was nothing they could do to get it back. Everything had to be redone including the photographs.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@jder317 

@sapphire_studio 

@beckymt525 

There is an open ticket to have this resolved and it is under ALERT 14187 on the technical forum:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ongoing-technical-issues/m-p/32866800

When contacting customer support to resolve this issue, mention ALERT 14187.

Best advice so far is: Don't create any more drafts until the problem is solved.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

We are having the same issue, lost over 100+ over last few days, no explanation or concern from eBay. Hundreds of dollars will be lost if not recovered.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I CALL TWICE A DAY AND VIDEO RECORDING IT, RECORD IT FOR LEGAL REASONS NO RECORDING NO PROOF OF CALL OR ISSUES

Now they are disappearing by the hundreds SR # 1-4589275512712, and eBay is to incompetent to fix their issue and just to leave what's working alone. thank God that I am videotaping all of these calls and saving them, printing all the messages up and saving them. Incompetence at the best 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

After having spent most of Xmas updating and rewriting many of my Ebay listings into new drafts I`ve lost around 135. It`s taken me two days of stocktaking just to find out what is lost and what is not and I was supposed to get a call back from a manager this morning (around 5 hours ago) after a lengthy call with CS on Friday. It`s getting beyond a joke now with CS not being able to help or indeed do anything except apologise - I`m a one man business and this will take around a week to sort out so you would expect a company that reminds you how many years you have been a "valued customer" every time you call them to actually give something back when the very thing you pay for each month (the website) gets a massive fault such as this but I wont hold my breath.......Awful way to treat the hand that feeds you Ebay!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Has anyone gotten any response to this problem? Been saving mine in the scheduled area to prevent loss of listing. Have still not heard of a resolution and have not been able to retrieve any of the lost listings. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I asked about the disappearing drafts via message on the Ebay for Business Facebook page. They replied that techs are still working on it.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Lost close to 100 drafts today.  Has anyone had luck with ebay retreiving them?  Thank You.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for the info.  Lost close to 100 today?  I did not check the community board before calling ebay.  Your post is a couple months ago.  The customer service rep passed this off to tech dept to contact me within 72 hours.  After reading your post, I'm guessing this tech issue has not been attended to?

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I just this week lost one draft. It just disappeared. I only had one draft. Now it is gone. I feel horrible for the people who lost hundreds!! eBay has not fixed the issue yet so BEWARE!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Also, my total sold amount changed in the past 24 hours from a higher figure to a lower figure. I thought that was weird. And to try to figure out what the actual figure should be feels like it would take a lot of work! Uhg

Message 15 of 15
latest reply