cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using SixBit to list?

Tonight I wasn't able to list anything with SixBit and wasted two hours to try and diagnose the problem only to conclude the problem is likely with eBay.

There's a thread in the SB user to user discussion group about other people having problems listing (posts going back about two weeks, and the complaint is that it's intermittent).

Wondered if anyone else was using SixBit on here and if there are issues... and does anyone know if it's an eBay problem and what did eBay break this time?

C.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Anyone using SixBit to list?

@sin-n-dex wrote:

Tonight I wasn't able to list anything with SixBit and wasted two hours to try and diagnose the problem only to conclude the problem is likely with eBay.

There's a thread in the SB user to user discussion group about other people having problems listing (posts going back about two weeks, and the complaint is that it's intermittent).

Wondered if anyone else was using SixBit on here and if there are issues... and does anyone know if it's an eBay problem and what did eBay break this time?

C.

I haven't tried it yet - but if this keeps happening, I may just go with Ink Frog or a similar multi-channel lister. 

I still have until early March to decide...Good luck, I hope the problem will gets remedied soon. 

PW

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

There was an issue reported a couple of weeks ago of similar fail to list problems.

There was a problem with SixBit exceeding the allowed amount of eBay API calls, John said they were trying to get an increase in the limit and perhaps issue a hotfix to reduce the number of calls being made, that hotfix would only show if you have the beta access turned on.

From what I recall, each day when the counter rolled over listing would be working again and then sometime later in the day it would hit the limit again.

My advice, try listing after Midnight Pacific Time and see if it's working, secondary advise would be to open a ticket.

I don't know of this is the same issue, might be different. What type of error message do you see in the Event Log?

This limit is for the total of all users rather than per/user so there is little you can do yourself. I every user turned off the Agent for a few hours it might not happen, if only you does it then the difference would be meaningless.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

With the introduction of the ebay endorsed SixBit package for Turbo users one would think they would have been given unlimited access.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I just downloaded the latest update from SixBit, and that fixed it for me.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

C.

I haven't listed in a couple days so I haven't seen it. I've seen this in the past and it was something temporary caused by eBay. Make sure that you have the latest update and submit a support ticket if it continues. The advice to list earlier in the day is a good temporary fix too.

VintageCarMagazines

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Last night, I became unable to list.  Opened a ticket.  SixBit told me they were working with eBay to fix their token issue.  As far as I know, nobody using SixBit can list until the issue is addressed.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I had a message to renew/authorize my token.  After that, I could list again.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I have been using SixBit for a decade or more.  Love it.  The support staff is super.  It has a lot of bells and whistles so you just have to play and find the ones that suit your need best. Once set-up, it is a breeze. Give it a try would be my suggestion.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply