cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Protection

I keep seeing the statement: If you give 30 day free returns, you will have seller protection. So, If I choose not to give free 30 day returns, Not only do I lose my top seller status but I will also no longer get any seller protection? (even though seller protection as been pretty sub-par in the past.) Am I uderstanding this correctly? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Seller Protection

@lovart wrote:

I keep seeing the statement: If you give 30 day free returns, you will have seller protection. So, If I choose not to give free 30 day returns, Not only do I lose my top seller status but I will also no longer get any seller protection? (even though seller protection as been pretty sub-par in the past.) Am I uderstanding this correctly? 

lovart, 

If you choose not to offer 30-day free returns on your listings, you won't lose your Top Rated Seller status.  However, your listings will not qualify for the Top Rated Plus discount or seal. 

When you choose not to offer free returns, there are still several protections. On all returns we employ several measures to protect you.  We'll monitor buyers who ask us to step often or file a lot of not as described cases, to ensure they're not taking advantage of the program and remove their feedback and defects.  We have developed ways to detect if a buyer is misusing the "significantly not as described" reason for a return early in a returns process, and have the ability to prevent them starting a return and may restrict them from buying further.  We are also publishing clearly defined guidelines for buyers about acceptable returns. 

Thanks, 
CK 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Seller Protection

I'd like to know what Ebay is doing to protect Sellers from Buyers who deliberately engage in harassment by purchasing items and either refusing to accept shipment when it arrives or refusing to respond to delivery attempt notices and ultimately not taking possession of the purchased item.  The costs to package and ship heavy, expensive items across country can be significant. And if a member wishes to punish or retailiate against another member for any reason, this seems like an obvious way to inflict financial harm on another member without consequences. Seller protection should mean the Buyer forfeits protection rights when it becomes clear they are not acting in good faith - leaving Sellers with significant financial loss. Refusing to pick up or track an expected shipment or worse - simultaneously refusing to respond to Seller Ebay messages left telling the Buyer that their package is waiting at the post office - that should be a pretty obvious case of BAD FAITH on the Buyer's part.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Seller Protection

@courtneyg36wrote:

I'd like to know what Ebay is doing to protect Sellers from Buyers who deliberately engage in harassment by purchasing items and either refusing to accept shipment when it arrives or refusing to respond to delivery attempt notices and ultimately not taking possession of the purchased item.  The costs to package and ship heavy, expensive items across country can be significant. And if a member wishes to punish or retailiate against another member for any reason, this seems like an obvious way to inflict financial harm on another member without consequences. Seller protection should mean the Buyer forfeits protection rights when it becomes clear they are not acting in good faith - leaving Sellers with significant financial loss. Refusing to pick up or track an expected shipment or worse - simultaneously refusing to respond to Seller Ebay messages left telling the Buyer that their package is waiting at the post office - that should be a pretty obvious case of BAD FAITH on the Buyer's part.

If a buyer refused delivery, they lose the Ebay Money Back Guarantee protection.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply