cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Limitations on Partial Refunds?

I note the answer that sellers can decide on partial refund IF an item is returned damaged, etc.

When this was talked about before (test?) there were %'s mentioned.......you had to give 50% or so........but now there is no limitation?  One could presumbly give 1c if item destroyed?

Also, surely there is going to be some monitoring of sellers.......are there limits on how many of these, one can do? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@dhbookds wrote:

I note the answer that sellers can decide on partial refund IF an item is returned damaged, etc.

When this was talked about before (test?) there were %'s mentioned.......you had to give 50% or so........but now there is no limitation?  One could presumbly give 1c if item destroyed?

Also, surely there is going to be some monitoring of sellers.......are there limits on how many of these, one can do? 

dhbookds,

You can issue a partial refund of 50% or more of what the buyer paid and receive these protections.  If you have a situation where a buyer is abusing the returns process and has returned an item that has been “destroyed” then you should ask eBay to step in.  We want to know when buyers are misusing the program, so we can take steps to protect you and prevent future misuse by the buyer.

There are no set limits on the number or frequency of partial refunds, however we will monitor when partial refunds are given and if we see unusual trends or an excessive number of buyer complaints regarding the refunds they receive, we will let the seller know so they can adjust their practices.  In some cases, sellers with excessive partial refunds may lose access to the partial refund feature and the associated protections.

Thanks,

CK

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You can issue a partial refund of 50% or more of what the buyer paid and receive these protections. 

You'd better get that in the release somewhere, I may have missed it, but don't think it's there.....

@ckbrems

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Based off of the video I watched I have 2 questions.  The first one is .......if someone returns an item with free shipping back to me and a full refund will that remove any possible negative or neutral feedback that the buyer may leave for me after the return process?  Second.......if a buyer accepts a partial refund for something without having to return the item am I protected from negative feedback on that item?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@analog215 wrote:

Based off of the video I watched I have 2 questions.  The first one is .......if someone returns an item with free shipping back to me and a full refund will that remove any possible negative or neutral feedback that the buyer may leave for me after the return process?  Second.......if a buyer accepts a partial refund for something without having to return the item am I protected from negative feedback on that item?

analog215,

If you offer free returns and you issue either a full or a partial refund, if the buyer leaves negative or neutral feedback we will automatically remove it.

If you offer free returns and you issue the buyer a full refund in lieu of a return, and the buyer leaves negative or neutral feedback we will automatically remove it.  However if you issue a partial refund in lieu of a return, we will not automatically remove feedback.  You will want to ensure your buyer is happy with your proposal to issue a partial refund or have them return the item for a full refund.

Keep in mind, the purpose of issuing a partial refund is to protect you in situations where the item is returned used or damaged, not to replace the need to process returns.

Thanks,

CK

Message 5 of 5
latest reply