cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving honest FB to buyers

I do understand from a business stand point why this is not allowed. It's a form of publicly shaming a buyer, but the sellers are being publicly shammed.  This needs to be a 2 way street, and I know this somehow has to be controlled. There are some scam artists out there that have ill intent, and other sellers should be warned. I know we can block them, but then they go scam someone else. I know enough reports they can get suspended, but it shouldn't get that far.  Maybe a little "public beware",  could make someone think twice about being dishonest.

Also, when we have shipping issues that are out of the sellers control, there needs to be new rules in place. Buyers decide they have waited long enough and demand a refund...sellers have no choice but to concede.  If a case is opened and ebay steps in, sellers know we stand a chance of losing the case and getting a defect. So we refund most of the time so we can move on in peace.  Every single time I have refunded under duress, the customer has always received the item.  They will never offer to pay us back, now they got a free item and the seller loses again.  We have tracking proving the item was eventually delivered, ebay should request the item be sent back to the seller or at least pay the buyer 50%. Not fair that we lose the item and shipping cost.          

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Obviously I meant to say pay the SELLER back at least 50%.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

So true.  I've been thinking a lot, with this new Spring Update" .I read so many complaints about not being able to leave negative feedback for buyers.  And forget trying to tell truth in written feedback.  So eBay allows sellers to continually get scammed by these buyers.

My thoughts (many) 

Only allow negative feedback for both seller and buyer.  Buyers often do not leave feedback if they are happy

Only allow feedback if EBay had to step in.  I've heard of sellers bending over backwards to maker a seller happy, yet still get negative feedback, and eBay not removing it.   

Use feedback score as part of matrix for where listing ends up.  Helps us little guys a bit.  I've seen big time businesses, have horrible feedback, but due to mass volume of sales, doesn't touch their % . 

Or, forget feedback Highlights: % returns, on time payer, on time handling time, NO SNADS, ETC.  It doesnt have to be negative to be effective. No highlights? After 10 transactions or so..good bye- account. Yes they can reopen acct, but don't tell me eBay can't track that.

Hold USPS responsible give them a feedback score.  eBay is close to their only revenu at this point.

Feedback is a form of blackmail, it stresses sellers out so much, they'll even allow customer to keep product, and return money, at their expense.  eBay uses it as blackmail too. feedback should also be delayed for review, just like our listings. They have a program that can tell me instantly I can't use a bad word here. Why not feedback

Sellers-PLEASE  don't automatic feedback for buyers the second they pay!!!! Wait unitl they leave yours.  Helps us all.  You don't have to leave any. If buyers on eBay awhile with no feedback that would be a clue.

I think it's time to start a FB page of the wall of shame...for sellers to list ids of unscroupolus buyers. Buyers can already hit bad sellers.  Its Ebays fault bad sellers continue. Anyone can only change ids so many times.  Then sellers can be a bit more assured of buyers.  If listing states it, you can cancel bids.

I may just start that FB page...EBay can cancel my account, I'm pretty much done anyway!  It's 4:00am. Told you I had lots of thoughts lol

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Just to clarify I've had great buyers, just read all horror stories.  Maybe a wall of Fame for great sellers and buyers too.  I buy too, if i am disappointed I just figure, price you pay for buying from strangers.  Mostly I've bought from great sellers, and make feedback indivualized for all they did.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The "no feedback for buyers" ship sailed a long time ago, driven purely by greed. eBay made the playing field very unlevel a long time ago, and has no intention of ever moving in the other direction. In their eyes, from a business sense: the buyer is always right, even if they are wrong. eBay sellers have been crushed under this burden for a long time, and it will never change. The only way out is to offer your products elsewhere- where these ridiculous requirements and rules are considered nonsense and do not apply...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

in the world of ebay every buyer is 100% perfect. no negatives. what does this do? it enables abuse.

let's say i buy from you, one two or mutiple items. i then decide i don't want them, or i only bid because i felt like playing the game with no intent of paying (this happens 1000's of x a day). you open cases. not only do i blow off all of your messages &  invoices, i never respond to the case because? i never intended to pay (a now over 20 year ebay problem, allowing buyers to NOT pay), & there's nothing you can do about it.  nope. not a thing. yeah, you can report me. unless i regularly abuse this (& it takes a a TON of misuse to get ebay to do anything) i will only do it again and if /when i do buy something i pay quickly so my feedback always says i pay immediately or something comparable.

if i "stiffed," you, you should be able to "hammer," me for doing so. instead you can't even put one small nail in my coffin.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

On BIN listings, eBay has the option to require immediate payment via paypal, or the sale won't go through. Unfortunately, there is no way to implement this feature on auctions. I use it on *all* of my store items, and it has eliminated non-paying buyers. Not perfect, but it did help cut down on us having to chase buyers down. In my experience, if a buyer doesn't pay immediately, they generally won't ever pay. On auctions, if they haven't paid in 48 hours, chances are less and less every day that goes by that they will ever pay.

eBay suspends a lot of sellers for poor behavior- but they don't often suspend buyers.

If I had a nickel for every time eBay said that they would make a note of an unscrupulous buyers' behavior- well, I wouldn't have to sell anything on eBay anymore...

Nothing ever comes of it. They would be shooting themselves in the foot by banning buyers- so they don't...

I've been around since the days when buyer and seller feedback was a fair and level playing field. It was a sad day when they eliminated the option for a seller to tell their side of the story and warn other sellers of scammer or problematic buyers...because they're out there...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply