cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out some of the questions from the September Seller Check-In. 

Q: What is the best way to make your listing more visible on google?

A: One of the best ways is for you to optimize. This includes more pictures, more item specifics, and also includes Promoted Listings! This will GREATLY enhance your store and your listings. In addition, don’t forget to review the listing quality report on Seller Hub performance tab. In the Report you will find the google rejections tab showing all items that google rejected and the reason so you can review and fix. 

Q: I think the "Buy One get 10% off Buy 2 get 15% off" is a great idea, the problem is that I sell one of a kind items, and very seldom I have multiples of the same item. Can you open this promotions so buyers can buy different items using the same type of promotion, even if the items purchased are not of the same kind, this will help me a lot, thank you in advance

A: If you have a store you should be able to utilize the new coupon feature that will actually allow you to send a private coupon!

Q: Emojis are a visual effect for buyers, how does it negatively impact search if it would be blank space otherwise?

A: Great question here. Because a buyer isn't going to type in special emojis to search for the items they want to buy, this actually pushes your items or any sellers items further down in the search results.

Q: I am worried about the time it will take to change my item specifics on so many GTC items. Is there a way to start now? I sell postcards that are one-of-kind so a mass revision won't work well. Thanks    

A: You will be able to start from Oct 12th. When you use the eBay tools (e.g. Seller Hub), you will start seeing “Required Soon” signals on the item specifics that will be required from early 2022. You can also use the bulk edit tool to make these updated. Find more information here on this feature.  

Q: How are the new parts & accessories eBay categories going to work? If your listing currently has item specifics, and eBay changes the category on us, will our current item specifics get deleted? Or is eBay going to make sure they are mirrored so the seller does not lose them on the listing??             

A: Hi there, the item specifics do not get deleted. We will automatically adjust the affected listings to reflect the changes, including moving categories and copying item specifics, if applicable. You see additional detail on the changes here https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/categorychanges.html

Q: How can we prevent the buyer from initiating a return without first contacting the seller? What are the best eBay recommendations?

A: Buyers are strongly encouraged to contact the seller to make things right. However, a buyer can bypass this step if they choose. When this happens sellers have the option to provide a partial refund or a replacement (if chosen as an option during listing). You also have the opportunity to message the buyer and find a different mutually agreed upon solution, however, the same protection may not be provided as when you go through the returns flow. Any ideas on how to give our sellers more options to resolve returns would be great!

Q: Will Promoted Listings Advanced really affect us collectible sellers? Sales seem to be done since it was initiated. Unless you are a large company, pay per click is just not a feasible option.

A: Great question. Promoted Listings BetaAdvanced is available to the same sellers and categories who are eligible for Promoted Listings Standard to allow everyone the opportunity to choose the ad tools that work for them and their business. If you feel that it’s not the right solution for you, you can keep on using Promoted Listings Standard as per usual.

You can use this checklist to help determine if Promoted LIstings BetaAdvanced  is right for you:

• I have new or trending inventory that can competitively target slot 1 in search
  • I have experience running and optimizing cost-per-click campaign types
  • I have items with high prices better suited for cost-per-click campaign types
  • I want the ability to control my daily advertising budget
  • I have popular items that need more visibility to begin performing well

Ads Academy is another great resource for sellers interested in learning more about the new campaign type. To access Ads Academy, click on the link at the top right of Promoted Listings Advanced campaign management page