cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to group also

I've always had an interest in rocks, minerals, fossils, dinosaurs, etc., and have variously over the years read about aspects of the trade/hobby, but other than putting interesting rocks in tropical fish tanks [safe ones of course], life has just gotten in the way as regards collecting, searching. But recently I've been digging into it again [pun intended] and was happy to see an ebay group on the subject, so I look forward to reading any intersting topics regarding the subject and I'll check on some of y'alls ebay fare for those who are selling here on ebay 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music & Musicians Group

Music & Musicians Board

My ebay My World page
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

New to group also

As mentioned above, I like to add rocks to fish tanks occasionally. Below is a Gold Inca Snail making its way across some rose quartz:

AIE7Xszl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music & Musicians Group

Music & Musicians Board

My ebay My World page
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

New to group also

Hello! 

I'm the same as you! Only difference is,  I'm actually doing it now!! I've been so busy out "hounding" that I haven't been i here for a very long time!  All the Specimens that I sell, I personally have found, clean them up and list them. I self teach myself what little I know, I will be happy to help you if I can! Welcome to the Club! 

Happy Hounding!

Cindy aka azcalcite63

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

New to group also

Thanks Cindy, those are some nice finds you made there! If you're in Arizona that's gotta be a happy hunting ground for rocks and minerals 🙂

Music & Musicians Group

Music & Musicians Board

My ebay My World page
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

New to group also

Welcome!  I love rockhounding.  Sadly, I live in Texas where there are no public lands, so hunting is very limited...mostly road cuts and river beds.  We are going fossil hunting near Mineral Wells the first week of December.  Can't wait!

Mary
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

New to group also

Thanks, you have some nice listings! I'm in Texas also in Katy [Houston area], I've been doing a lot of reading and from what I've read you're right about Texas unfortunately, at least in the coastal area. We do have a nice rock shop in town though and in October I was up in Livingston to do some fishing and visited the Johnson Rock Shop, an incredible place and I met and had a nice talk with Otis (who is 90!), just a wealth of knowledge. Their petrified palm wood is incredible.

Post about your experience in Mineral Wells when you get back 🙂

Music & Musicians Group

Music & Musicians Board

My ebay My World page
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

New to group also

Here is another rock I purchased recently to add to a different fish tank. It is Mookaite (about 3 in. long) from Mooka Creek, Western Australia. You can just see a small snail making its way up the back of it 🙂

mookaite2_NEW.jpg

Music & Musicians Group

Music & Musicians Board

My ebay My World page
Message 7 of 7
latest reply