cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New To The Group...looking for selling/listing advice please

Brand New to this group, I see there are not many here. I tried a few months back to sell some crystals but had 0% luck selling pretty much any of them! So I have pretty much backed away from trying to sell off some of the specimens ive been collecting while rockhounding over the years.  Anyone have any good tips on selling when it comes to this category? Does one have to build up their reputation as a mineral seller as far as trust to the buyer by "selling what you preach" as I know there are alot of untrustworthy sellers out there, and mineral sellers that do not identify correctly what they put on the market. TIA

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yeah unfortunately not much activity here, like a lot of Groups kind of hard to find I think by most ebayers. Not much advice on how to list other than the normal things with all items, though I think lighting is particularly important with rocks and minerals to show them off at their best.

I recently found about a 12 lb. quartz cluster at a GW thrift of all places for $7.99, I thought about listing it but I'm going to have to keep it 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music & Musicians Group

Music & Musicians Board

My ebay My World page
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Correctly idenifying specimens and good photos are very important.  I have also found being able to identify the origin is important.  Competition from China is fierce....even though much of what they sell "cheap" is poor quality or fake. 

Mary
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hi new here too. I'll be checking back now an then.
I agree with yem's and polestar's suggestions.
I feel I'm building a good eBay rep as I accurately
describe and give good photos and always
ship very fast! I have repeat customers and happy feedback,
although the "item as described" is always a VERY subjective
area and what one person feels is absolutely fantastic
another will be satisfied, but less inclined to give a full 5 star vote.
Great product, great price, great packaging and fast shipping,
keeps customers coming back.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Cool store rockz1101, or 'cool blue' store I should say 🙂

I've noticed going into bricks and mortar stores that there is an element of the rock/mineral collecting populace that is strictly interested in the spiritual aspect of rocks and minerals, so I imagine this is a good angle in regards to the OP's question also.

No idea on your question about 'product identifiers' as I've never had them come up on any listings I've done, hopefully ebay will clarify that one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music & Musicians Group

Music & Musicians Board

My ebay My World page
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your kind compliment, polestar! Yes, I agree with you, the spiritual/energetics components may factor in to a person's decision to purchase. While I see other sellers offer spiritual and related information, I,usually, don't spend description space with those aspects.
Should onlineseconds return to this read this discussion thread, I may highlight assorted special physical features of a crystal. A buyer/customer looking for energy crystals, which I have repeat customers, instinctively know when a crystal spiritually/energetically 'calls' to them .
As for the product identifiers, eBay has a special contact email to get assistance.
I also have a few listings of Swarovski vintage beads. I'm guessing because of the famous
Swarovski brand name, these could be the few listings needing identifiers. But who knows
with eBay, I'll let them sort this one out and get back to me.
Cheers ☺
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You're an seasoned eBay old timer (in my new eBay world). Boy o boy, ALL the eBay changes you've weathered through and still selling, tons of kudos to you! I liked your "profile" offering!
and browsed your store, very FUN vintage and collectibles, plus 10🌟s! WoWza! Well done!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, yeah I used to have an ebay store about 12~13 years ago as a part-time business. In recent years I had to deal with parents' health issues and then some of my own, but I've reopened a store recently again and will see how it goes during Q4. I work full-time but if I can I'm going to get the part-time reselling going again as a business for next year. One thing that will help is I'm hoping to get into a small house by the end of the year, and that will give a lot more room than a small apartment to keep and store listed products 🙂

Music & Musicians Group

Music & Musicians Board

My ebay My World page
Message 8 of 8
latest reply