cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay return page broken - Cannot issue partial refund, nor upload pictures

Hello everybody.

I don't know if anyone bumped into this issue yet, but today I received a return which had a damaged item in it (damaged by the buyer whom removed a part from it, then returning it pretending it wasn't working). When I went to the "report return issue" page (where you can choose to do a partial refund along with sending a message to the buyer with the reason, and upload some pictures), nothing works but just clicking "next" to issue a full refund. I can write a message alright, but if I select an amount to deduct, or if I try to upload pictures as proof (item condition before, and item received condition), then that "next" button gray out and I can't click it any more. All other clicking area also don't works, and I have to reload the whole page if I want to make it works again. But of course, back to the only choice of just issuing the buyer a full refund.

And yes, I tried different browser with same results. I tried to contact support but I get the "doesn't work at this time, please try again later" message instead. Anybody having that issue ? If yes, any fix ? Thanks !

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay return page broken - Cannot issue partial refund, nor upload pictures

Problem resolved by eBay in my favor (the seller). So, issue closed now. Thanks!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@drakkordragon wrote:

I received a return which had a damaged item in it (damaged by the buyer whom removed a part from it, then returning it pretending it wasn't working).

When I went to the "report return issue" page (where you can choose to do a partial refund along with sending a message to the buyer with the reason, and upload some pictures), nothing works 

You accidentally @drakkordragon dodged a bullet.

6bidsfidosufuidsoufoiudsoiuafoidsdsfib6.jpg

Because if you had been able to ask eBay to decide, eBay would force a full refund -- not the partial, keep all their fees, and award you a defect for case closed without seller resolution.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I haven't involved eBay in this at all. I literally JUST received the (broken) item back today.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Problem resolved by eBay in my favor (the seller). So, issue closed now. Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@drakkordragon wrote:

When I went to the "report return issue" page (where you can choose to do a partial refund along with sending a message to the buyer with the reason, and upload some pictures), nothing works but just clicking "next" to issue a full refund.

OMG someone posted a reply that you accepted as the solution.

okdsjfjsdijfpsidpjfpijdspjfpdsjpfjpdsjfjdspofjpodsjfpojdspjfpsidjpfsdb6.jpg

But be aware, the buyer can now escalate another case against you, or file with their payment provider to get the remainder of their refund.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: