cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has eBay selected FedEx as courier to provide return shipping?

I have noticed over the past few days when eBay provides buyer a return shipping label, FedEx was selected as the courier for that service? Has eBay stop using USPS as their courier for this service? Upon my latest return eBay systems showed the cost of label, USPS Padded Flat Rate, however when tracking # was provided it was for FedEx not USPS. My question is has eBay selected FedEx over USPS to handle all returns?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Has eBay selected FedEx as courier to provide return shipping?

@trueambassador2006 wrote:

Upon my latest return eBay systems showed the cost of label, USPS Padded Flat Rate

however when tracking # was provided it was for FedEx not USPS.

has eBay selected FedEx over USPS to handle all returns? 

Are those items @trueambassador2006 being returned large, or heavy? Or are they small, or lightweight like t-shirts and shorts?

Other posts are asking how to disable FedEx for return labels. Sounds like eBay may be cracking down on fraudulent returns now.

This is a problem, as FedEx covers fewer addrsses than USPS, and post offices locations outnumber Kinkos.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@trueambassador2006 wrote:

I have noticed over the past few days when eBay provides buyer a return shipping label, FedEx was selected as the courier for that service? 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Returns/Return-auto-default-to-Fedex/m-p/33728450

@isatwin74 wrote:

Got a return request last night and just noticed that mine also is coming back FedEx when I shipped it USPS. Wondering how to change it also.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Didnt-get-a-solution-in-Returns-Maybe-here/m-p/33729972

@redstarrobot_vintage_toys wrote:

all items shipped usps.

accepted return

provided (purchased) label (never saw label)

all 3 coming back Fedex with fedex tracking number

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

After spending what seemed to be hours on the phone with eBay customer service department for returns. I was informed that eBay had chosen to use FedEx as their primary for returns. This means if you chose eBay to provide your business a return shipping label it will be FedEx. To stop this you will have to go to account settings then to selling preferences then to return preferences. Under return preferences edit your basic return rules for approve returns. Turn off approve returns this will not allow eBay to automatically send your buyer a return shipping label. You will then have to provide your buyer a return shipping label either from USPS or some other courier. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I live in a small town in eastern Kansas and my nearest Fedex depot is 90 miles away! I called Fedex today for a pickup, that did not get picked up and is too large to drop in dropbox locations in Emporia.  Guess I will stop buying from Ebay. USPS works well for us and UPS and Fedex are very problematic. Amazon wants their return stuff to go to UPS stores and those are also 75 to 90 miles away, so I have to shop away from Amazon too. Guess small town customers do not count with these guys now. Too bad.  There is far too much stuff from both Outlets that is defective now and must be returned. SAD situation..

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@taurus15 wrote:

I live in a small town in eastern Kansas and my nearest Fedex depot is 90 miles away! I called Fedex today for a pickup, that did not get picked up and is too large to drop in dropbox locations in Emporia. 

Check @taurus15 if General Dollar or his Emporia Walgreens takes you large return at their FedEx Onsite counter?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

----------deleted-----------😼

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Our DG in Madison would not take larger packages and I have heard that the Emporia store doesn't either and my pkgs were too large for Fedex drop boxes. Terminal in Topeka is next choice or call in and ask for an EBAY return pickup. I am already unhappy with having to make a return of any item and then they want to mess with more of my time without compensation. PS. I have experienced a spate of returns on used and refurbished items in the last 4 months and Ebay has been great about refunds, but that does not help with my time in trying to make these items function or the repacking and transportation to a place to return. It is becoming a problem with my shopping on Ebay or Amazon as they have done basically the same thing with UPS. SAD.  Thanks for your suggestion..

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: