cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signing in

I have had to sign in every time I come to the broads for awhile, now it will not sign me in. If I sign in 3 to 4 times it will sign me in sometimes, other times I give up. I signed into another account, went to the broads, here I am signed into the broads on this account, not the account that I'm signed into. 

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

signing in

I usually stay signed in to the community discussion boards and have multiple tabs open, but lately I have noticed problems staying signed in to the discussion boards on ebay.co.uk and ebay.com.au.

Some combination of the following seems to allow me to sign back in when I find myself signed out and using the "sign in" or "register" or "join" links just kick me back to the main community page.

Go to your eBay account Site Preferences page and scroll to the bottom to make sure the "keep me signed in" boxes are checked for both eBay and the community pages and hit "apply". You should only need to do that once per site for each computer.

If you are using Firefox, try disabling Enhanced Tracking Protection on both  ebay.com and community.ebay.com using the little shield icon that appears to the left of the page address in the browser address bar:

eburtonlab_1-1602513405963.png

Check the little icon that looks like a LEGO if it appears; it may be asking for permission to run Adobe Flash or JavaScript on the site.

Try signing out of ebay.com entirely using the link in the upper left corner of the page, then sign back in. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the link to the discussion boards and use that. You may be signed in at that point; if not, try reloading the page or signing in again.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

signing in

Well it worked this time, my setting's were set correct, I have signed out, opened a different account and went to the boards there and I was signed into the boards under this account. Just have to wait for a cure I guess.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

signing in

If you find yourself needing to use multiple accounts a lot, it might be worth using a different, dedicated browser for each account; that way you can minimize the amount of signing out you are forced to do.

Using a private or incognito browser window to check a different account also allows you to stay signed into your primary account in the regular browser window.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

signing in

I use Chrome and Edge, it seems to be letting me sign in at least. Someday it will keep me signed in, maybe.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply