cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"View Paypal Transaction" function broken for me

When I click "view paypal transaction" for a customer order, it takes me to a Paypal promotional page NOT to the specific transaction I am looking for. As usual eBay + PayPal find a new way to make a simple task take much longer.  I still can't find this transaction because apparently it is older or the eBay name does not match the PayPal name AND THE "VIEW PAYPAL TRANSACTION" function that should make this ROUTINE task easy, is OF COURSE, BROKEN!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

gopetersen
Rockstar

It's ridiculous that eBay doesn't put the PayPal transaction number directly in the Sales Record. Thousands of other sites do it.

I guess it's too logical and too hard for eBay to do it.  😕

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I prefer using IE for my browser but paypal screwed up their coding almost a year ago so I can no longer log in to paypal with Explorer (11). It just refreshes the screen. I do have Edge and use that but if I am using IE in Ebay as usual, anytime I have to access a paypal link (make a payment or view a transation), it fails because of paypal's screw up. The pop-up window shows the paypal login (not the page you are noting) but the login fails because of paypal's failure to code thier site well.

Point being if you have a problem logging directly into paypal, you can expect the same problems when trying to access paypal from ebay...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply