cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my eBay home page has changed

Today my home page now shows all offers I have received for watched items at the top of the screen (these previously would just who up in my messages).  I have marked them all to delete and it even gives me the message that all items were deleted.  However, they are all STILL there and have been all day and no longer can they even be marked to be deleted.  These never showed before and I don't want them now.  I have been unable to find anyway to change my home page format in anyway to get back to my previous layout.  Previously "my eBay summary" was set for the home page which had my watched items at the top of the page followed by purchases.  Now I have to scroll down 3/4 page on the desktop and endlessly on mobile devices to get to my watched and purchased items.  Does anyone know how to get "offers" removed from showing on the summary page?  It is extremely frustrating.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: my eBay home page has changed

One possible option: set your Watch List page as your My eBay landing page. To see your purchases, use your Purchase History.

Or bookmark one of these links, or set one as a browser home page:

https://www.ebay.com/myb/Summary#WatchListContainer?sortId=25&ipp=25&Filter=1&radioChk=1&cmid=1438&G...

https://www.ebay.com/mye/myebay/watchlist?custom_list_id=WATCH_LIST&page=1&items_per_page=100

It may be possible to use an ad blocker's element hiding feature to block the Offer section of the Summary page -- just be sure not to block any other features you want to see.

If you use Ad Block, or Ad Block Plus, try adding this to your custom filters:

www.ebay.com##DIV[id="offerListBoModel"][class="my-container item-list"]

This filter will also remove the Best Offers from the Best Offer page, however -- try disabling ad block on that page or exclude that page from your blocking to see those offers again.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@eburtonlab -thank you for the suggestions.  I find it incredibly irritating to have to go through all these hoops just to have a view I had originally set my home page too.  I can find no announcements or news items regarding new changes made by eBay which is also extremely frustrating.  I use Ad Block but am not tech savvy in any way to know where/how to change filters.  For now I'm trying the bookmark option.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I'm having the exact same problem. It just started today for the first time, and I've been using eBay since 1997.

My default eBay page is set to summary. It has always showed offers at the top, but only if they were actually current. Then, below that, it showed my watch list and then my order/payment shipping status stuff.

The problem is that it is now showing nothing but expired offers at the top, and there's around 20 of them! Why on earth would anyone want to see offers that expired weeks or months ago?

There is a status selector at the top of the offers section that says active, expired or declined, but it can't be changed. It's stuck on expired.  The page should show no offers, unless one is active, like it always used to. This is beyond irritating.

Yes, I know I can set watch list as my default page to never see offers, but I don't want that. I want summary so I don't need to keep flipping pages between orders watches offers and such. There is no good reason for forcing users to see expired offers that are no longer any good - except perhaps in a history section. But, I definitely don't want to miss any current offers. Please let summary be what it was - a summary of current stuff only, on one page.

AdBlock is not a solution, because that would block offers that are current, instead of just the expired ones.

--
FoxWolfie
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

My default eBay page is set to summary. It has always showed offers at the top, but only if they were actually current.

I do not recall seeing offers at the top of my summary page, though it is possible that I did something to remove them at some point long ago and have since forgotten about it. Would not be the first time.

A recent change has apparently restored offers to the top of the summary page for me. I have no good suggestions for removing just the expired offers from current ones, though. I suspect that eBay did not actually  intend to display expired offers. Perhaps eBay will fix whatever is causing those expired offers to appear.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I have the same annoying problem.

I've deleted all cookies, cache etc etc. signed in out....no cure

Come on ebay, sort it out please !!

I want the summary to show when i click on myebay or summary.... not to show expired offers.

Clicking on the left side "watching"  does not show the right style of summary.

😞 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

333zed333
Adventurer

I have the same annoying problem.

I've deleted all cookies, cache etc etc. signed in out....no cure

Come on ebay, sort it out please !!

I want the summary to show when i click on myebay or summary.... not to show expired offers.

Clicking on the left side "watching"  does not show the right style of summary.

333zed333_0-1636918846191.png

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

My summary page disappeared.  I reached out to ebay and got a call, and after blaming this on my browser, my operating system, my computer, finally had me uncheck certain 'recommended' settings and got back the summary page.  However, when I went to another site, all my logins were gone.  Then, when I went back to the Ebay page, the summary was gone again, I will NOT continue to go through the trouble with going back through all the problems and **bleep** to get my summary back, this is Ebays screw up!~

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

My summary page disappeared.

Can you see your Summary page using a different browser? It may just be a display issue, or you may have inadvertently changed your My eBay home page to some other page, or you may be using an old link.

https://www.ebay.com/myb/Summary

Most of those sorts of issues can be quickly corrected if you can figure out which is happening.

If the Summary page loads for you, check the link in the upper right corner to see if it is set as your My eBay homepage. If not, you should see this:

eburtonlab_0-1642442614426.png

If Summary is already set up as your My eBay homepage, you should see this:

eburtonlab_2-1642442761210.png

I reached out to ebay and got a call, and after blaming this on my browser, my operating system, my computer, finally had me uncheck certain 'recommended' settings and got back the summary page.

Was the customer service rep actually blaming your browser or operating system, or just asking which you use to determine what sorts of things to try? Most customer service reps seem to be reading from scripts rather than arguing or assigning blame. Perhaps there is a boilerplate section that describes various issues that can be attributed to problems with a particular browser, operating system or computer settings.

Which recommended settings were you asked to change?

However, when I went to another site, all my logins were gone.

In the course of troubleshooting, did you switch browsers or clear all your browser cookies? Either of those can result in needing to sign in to access other sites again. Generally it is better to delete individual cookies rather than wipe them all out if you are having a problem with one site.

Then, when I went back to the Ebay page, the summary was gone again, I will NOT continue to go through the trouble with going back through all the problems and **bleep** to get my summary back, this is Ebays screw up!

Most likely if you can figure out what the problem is, you can get your Summary page back (or else find a suitable replacement such as your Watch List or Purchase History to display the same information), regardless of what the ultimate cause of the problem is.

My Summary page seems to be loading for me, so I doubt that the problem is that eBay no longer will let you see the page at all.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I have the same problem.  eBay community is no help

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I have the same problem. eBay community is no help

eBay changes page layouts around from time to time. Which page are you having problems with and what problem are you having?

Perhaps there is a different page or a different link that will show you what you want to see. But you will have to provide some details of you want help.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply