cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay website loads so SLOW

I can't understand why eBay's website loads so slow. I have fiber optic internet and a brand-new PC. 

What's up? I can empty a ketchup bottle faster. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I do not have any active ad blockers. This is a brand new laptop. Doesn't matter if I use Microsoft Edge or Google chrome. Any other website page loads fast and quick.

I feel it's got to be a setting somewhere I just can't figure it out.

Edge and Chrome are both Chromium-based browsers. Try installing the latest version of Firefox with no add-ons or extensions using default settings and see if that works any better for you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

What is loading slowly for you, exactly?

If search results are loading slowly, try temporarily disabling your ad blocker to see if that makes a difference. There may be a specific set of filters slowing things down.

If that does not help, try another browser to see if that makes a difference.

I have not noticed any recent changes in loading speeds of eBay pages.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I'm not having any issues now, either, @my58543. But your ketchup bottle reference made me spit coffee on my monitor... 🤣

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Loading any page on eBay, search results, active listing's, literally any page. 

I do not have any active ad blockers. This is a brand new laptop. Doesn't matter if I use Microsoft Edge or Google chrome. Any other website page loads fast and quick.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Sorry about your coffee. 😁

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I have the same problems.

No matter what browser I use, the only site I have a problem with is eBay.

I can go to eBid, my websites, and other places and everything loads with no problem.

I have clear the cache and such. 

For me, it's eBay that my computer hates. 😄

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Edge and Chrome are both Chromium-based browsers. Try installing the latest version of Firefox with no add-ons or extensions using default settings and see if that works any better for you.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

No matter what browser I use, the only site I have a problem with is eBay.

Any common add-ons in all those browsers? Ad blockers or script blockers? Privacy or security software that might be slowing things down? Like Ghostery or Disconnect?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Tried Firefox, it does load faster. I would rather use Edge or Chrome. I'll keep looking for a solution.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Glad to hear that Firefox is loading faster -- that at least indicates that eBay is able to deliver the page in a [more] reasonable time.

You should still be able to use Chrome or Edge if you prefer either of those; it is just a question of figuring out what is slowing things down in those two browsers.

It might be worth trying an incognito browser window in Chrome -- if that loads faster that might point to a cookie or cache issue. I would suggest clearing your browser cache "for all time", and possibly manually deleting just your eBay cookies. No need to erase all cookies, and if there is a problem with a corrupt cookie, deleting all cookies may not actually work. Manually deleting just your eBay cookies should get you to start with a new cookie when you sign in again.

It might also be worth scanning for adware or malware -- sometimes new computers come with some things pre-installed, and that might include some things you do not want. Poorly constructed adware could be trying to load ads and slowing things way down.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Since about the same time as all the posts above, our company has been experiencing problems with opening ebay webpages.  We will have some employees have no issues getting to ebay pages at the same time others are unable to.  We have had single computers that it will open eBay pages in one browser and not in another.  We've tried everything from reboots, clearing cache and flushing dns with no effect.  We have multiple users and our company is behind a firewall that blocks most foreign countries and our IT department noticed that eBay's load balancer was sending some of our traffic through foreign sites that we have blocked by our firewall like Hong Kong.  I wonder if any of you experiencing the same issues are using a firewall that is blocking traffic through foreign IP addresses.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply