cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay very slow

sellers pages are extremely slow to load today taking a minuet  or more to load with photos

example https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw&_sacat=0&_udlo=.01&_udhi=30&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo&_sabdhi&_...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: eBay very slow

Does the page load faster if you disable your ad blocker?

If so, there may be a particular filter causing the slowdown for you.

If you are using Ad Block Plus, try disabling your ABP filters in the Advanced section. If you are using Ad Block, try disabling your Anti-Circumvention filters in your filter list. If you have disabled either of those in the past, an update may have re-enabled them.

If that does not help, is there any difference if you use a different browser, or disable other add-ons?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I bet it is because Google and all the big companies want us to disable our adblockers. It is a forced slowdown. The same thing is happening with YouTube. I do not want ads popping up. eBay and Google need to realize we don't want ads shoved down our throats

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I bet it is because Google and all the big companies want us to disable our adblockers.

Although ad-serving companies would prefer that users view ads rather than block them, I doubt that sites like eBay would intentionally make changes that cause page loading times to increase to the point where the site is pretty much unusable for a significant portion of users, and then hope that users figure out that disabling an ad blocker speeds things up again, but also don't figure out that they can disable one particular rule and still block ads without the slow-down, or that the people that provide ad blocking rules will not eventually make changes to avoid the slow-down issue.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

This is exactly what it is.  Started running slow a couple days ago for me.  Disabled ad blocker plus and running much faster.  They've figured out away to mess us up running ad blockers.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

My guess is they some type of ad(s) that has multiple tracking cookies in it that takes for ever to load.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If you re-enable your ad blocker and just disable the particular filter causing the issue, you can still block ads and not have slow-loading pages.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply